Foster

So, say we do land Foster. Who loses minutes, pulls up the pine? What would the starting line-up look like:? Is Garza benched?
Garza frequently benches himself with foul trouble. He can be productive when he is out there but needs to avoid the cheap ones and also improve rebounding and defensive lateral quickness.

Garza frequently benches himself with foul trouble. He can be productive when he is out there but needs to avoid the cheap ones and also improve rebounding and defensive lateral quickness.

Tru, but how much of his foul trouble was caused by lousy "D" up front by the guards letting opponents blow right by them?

Tru, but how much of his foul trouble was caused by lousy "D" up front by the guards letting opponents blow right by them?

Good point guards blow by defenders all the time, or they would not be classified as good point guards. Part of being a good defensive team is having some bigs who protect the rim effectively.

Let's land him, and then worry about how we rotate our three massive big men. I doubt he would start over Garza, as I expect Garza to be in the running for all conference this season, but maybe we start two centers or Foster comes off the bench to start. By most accounts, his upside is through the roof, but he needs polishing. He may not be as ready to start as a couple big men who have been playing high college ball for 4 years.

Xavier just had his ISU visit. From what his dad said, ISU really is pushing him to just commit to them now and forego his other visits. Guess if he doesn't do so, that'd be a good sign for Iowa.

Xavier just had his ISU visit. From what his dad said, ISU really is pushing him to just commit to them now and forego his other visits. Guess if he doesn't do so, that'd be a good sign for Iowa.

Could this be an indication they know he's leaning IOWA and are making a desperation play?

If the clones tried to hard ball me I'd tell 'em to take a hike (putting it nicely)

If the Clones gave me strippers at my visit and bought my parents a house I would still tell them to take a hike.

Perhaps they could sweeten the deal with this gem

1026fc3ca7012fee91a0276cbd34b1b2.jpg

Iowa is also recruiting Max Murrell who is a 6-9 PF. Having four legit players that can play the 5 and three that can play the 4 will be fine. Especially for one season.

Iowa is also recruiting Max Murrell who is a 6-9 PF. Having four legit players that can play the 5 and three that can play the 4 will be fine. Especially for one season.

It looks like he is visiting Iowa this weekend? Am I reading that right?

Foster will start day 1 if he signs with Iowa. Book it.

Last I saw him he played on the perimeter too much. Hopefully that's changed. But if it hasn't, I'm not sure he will start. If a big guy spends his whole time on the perimeter, shooting 3s well for a big won't cut it. You develope a lot over the last couple years of high school and his potential is off the charts tho, so who knows.