Former PSU vice president talks difficulty of bucking Paterno, "Penn State way"

samuel-jackson-1.jpg

I think he said "strike down with furious vengeance", but yeah, that was my (JR) angle. :D

C'mon,lets just admit the obvious...the college football culture is sick,across the nation,and needs to be shut down or de-emphasized,a la the U. of Chicago.

Anyone that actually thinks that this same culture of corruption does not exist at Bama,or LSU? Give me a break.

Add in the concussion issues,and it needs to go away,period.

Anyone that says otherwise is hypocritical.
The US needs to adopt the Euro system of pro sports minor league systems for young athletes,and divorce it from schools altogether. Never made any sense for colleges to associate with sports...not their mission,which is academics.

While I agree with what you're saying here, the amount of money universities get through their athletic programs (and esp. football), make it incredibly unlikely anyone will voluntarily un-tether sports from the universities.

Cept fer athletics is actually an academic endeavor. Maybe not to the extent of today, but physical education has a long, long academic history. All the way back to the Greeks at least I believe.

Latest posts