Former NW QB Shares why Cats are Besting the Hawks

JD - if you don't want people suggesting that KF isn't doing everything he can to win, you may want to avoid this topic. This was fairly embarrassing to read.

I guess if fitz needs to Hate Iowa, then he needs to Hate Iowa. He's pretty accomplished, seems like a class act. I'd say it's time for him to move on.

That's like learning someone's poker tell then telling them what it is. Now we can finally start beating those nerds.

NERDS NERDS NERDS!

Pat Fitzgerald hating Iowa has nothing to do with the success they have had against the Hawks. Iowa has simply been outschemed and out coached as referenced by CJ Bacher. It also seems in that game over the years, Iowa has shot itself in the foot more than a few times.

Ok, everyone, right now circle 10/26/13 on their damn calendar.....we can play that game too Fitz....:)

That's like learning someone's poker tell then telling them what it is. Now we can finally start beating those nerds.

NERDS NERDS NERDS!

Actually that is like learning someone's poker tell, telling them you know it, and they continue to use their tell and tip you off to what type of hand they have.

Oh no, Jon. Are you impugning the coaching skills of Norm Parker? I've told morons this for years - Iowa loses to NU because we run the same dang defense virtually all the time and Northwestern knows exactly how to pick it apart like the typical virginal NU student picks the scabbed over acne off of his face. Yet O'Keefe got blamed for virtually every loss we ever suffered during his tenure. Fitz knows precisely how to just take that defense apart and keep our offense with its big o-linemen off the field so that his defense is still fresh in the fourth quarter when they need a stop. It disgusts me to say it, but Fitz is a far superior coach to Ferentz. Fitz is 50-39 in his tenure, which includes an abysmal first season where he was thrust into the head coaching job way too early when Coach Walker passed away. It bears repeating that during this same period, Ferentz is 51-38. It absolutely disgusts me that with our facilities, fan support, gigantic coaching staff budget, outrageous ticket prices, lax academic standards and uncanny ability to look the other way at many off the field transgressions there is so much parity in on the field performance between NU and Iowa.

I can't wait till we can smash their faces this year and shut them up for good. Notice it is a former qb running his mouth not an active one. He knows what Iowa would do to him if he was still on the field. Oh well his former teammates will have to suffer in his place.

Actually the reason we lost the game to NW in 2008 was because of turnovers. We had 5 turnovers that game and 4 of them were fumbles. 1 was a muffed punt right before halftime and then we fumbled the kick-off to start the 2nd half which killed all of our momentum. We were winning before the muffed punt 17-3 which must mean we were out schemed?

As for the story of the monkey I call bs!
1. Who sends an injured college player a monkey?
2. Who keeps a stuffed monkey for over 10 years?
3. Why keep the monkey a secret until the 2008 game when you have been coaching there since 2001?
Fitz made up the story to fire up his team. Get over it Fitz!!!

Nerds! Nerds! Nerds!!

Go Hawks!!

I can't wait till we can smash their faces this year and shut them up for good. Notice it is a former qb running his mouth not an active one. He knows what Iowa would do to him if he was still on the field. Oh well his former teammates will hace to suffer in his place.

We have a good chance this year. They turned over a lot of talent in the trenches that was key to them being so good last year. But I fear that Fitz is actually now at the point where he might be bringing in better talent than Ferentz. You give Fitz reasonably equal talent to Iowa and he's gonna own Ferentz. We really, really, really need Fitz to take a job in the SEC or something.

Fitz made up the story to fire up his team.

Who cares? Dude won the game. Fitz has something that Ferentz doesn't have - hunger. The dude truly loves NU and really wants to win. Ferentz wants to cash big checks. I haven't seen a really fired up Iowa team week in and week out bince prolly 2004. Fitz has a fired up team every week and he doesn't rely on having a guy like Matt Roth to do it for him.

Interesting so you watch Northwestern each week? Maybe you should go to their message boards? We definitely sucked the last 2 years but to say these guys aren't fired up is just wrong. The Iowa players and coaches bust their tails all year long but sometimes the ball doesn't bounce our way. Iowa smoked Northwestern 2 years ago so NW must not have been that fired up.

JD - if you don't want people suggesting that KF isn't doing everything he can to win, you may want to avoid this topic. This was fairly embarrassing to read.

There is a difference between some thinkning he is trying to lose and disagreeing with some of the things he does.

Interesting so you watch Northwestern each week? Maybe you should go to their message boards? We definitely sucked the last 2 years but to say these guys aren't fired up is just wrong. The Iowa players and coaches bust their tails all year long but sometimes the ball doesn't bounce our way. Iowa smoked Northwestern 2 years ago so NW must not have been that fired up.

Yes, I do watch Northwestern pretty much every week because I am a season ticket holder bince I live a few blocks from the campus and tickets are dirt cheap. I'm sorry, but when we are relying on the ball bouncing our way to beat the 2012 iterations of Central Michigan, Iowa State, Indiana and Purdue, something is very wrong.

It's great that Iowa "smoked" Northwestern 2 years ago (I would contend that Marvin McNutt plus the pick six smoked Northwestern). Fact is, that was our only win against Northwestern bince 2007.

Bingo. The kool-aid drinkers often respond with "Nobody ever said that...give me an example". Well...this article is just another example that goes in the filing cabinet of proof sources. We've seen similar statements before.

There is a difference between some thinkning he is trying to lose and disagreeing with some of the things he does.

I don't know that I've ever read the above... seriously stated by anyone. What I have read...is that "he's not doing everything he can to win". And that... has plenty of credence