Former Hawks Opinions

HawkI101

I have talked with two former Hawk players recently that played for SA(within last month) and when conversing about the current program they were both very disenchanted. They both talked about how they thought SA made the right move going to NM because Iowa needed a fresh face but think that Barta definitely dropped the ball on the TL hire.

Take it as you will.

I hadn't posted this before because I wasn't sure I should since I can't name the players as they were speaking casually with me and I don't want them to get chastized.

Just thought some might find it interesting.

Was not JR Angle, These guys graduated before TL arrived

I have several aquaintences / friends that are former players from the Lute/Raveling and Davis eras. Talk to them here and there (not with any regularity, some more than others). None of them were real enchanted with Alford at any point that I can remember. Of the group 1 is sold that Lick is a great coach who will turn this thing around and not look back. Non of the others have any faith what so ever that it will happen. FWIW.

I've heard that our current coaching staff is on the worst 3 year run in the history of the program unfortunately I can't reveal the source.

I heard we are just to wait till next year. Next year we have a savior group coming in that will put us in the NIT next year.

I've heard that Lickliters style is so boring that the blue hair fall asleep in Carver.

Not fair...those blue hairs were falling asleep even in the hay day of the Tom Davis era! When they weren't yelling at people to "SIT DOWN" when they'd stand and cheer a play that is...

Latest posts