Former Colts TE Dallas Clark unsure of his future in NFL

HawkeyeHypnosis

Former Colts TE Dallas Clark unsure of his future in NFL

From article:

I dont know right now, the 34-year-old Clark said on SiriusXM NFL Radio with Alex Marvez and Gil Brandt. The body feels great. Its just got be the right situation. Being the third down guy, just coming in on third down, thats tough. I love being a bigger part of the game plan and things like that. Its just gotta be the right situation, well see what happens.

I bet someone picks Dallas up and he plays another year or two. If not, he had a great NFL career. I wonder if he would consider a tight end coaching position for the Hawks? He'd be a great coach and recruiter.

I bet someone picks Dallas up and he plays another year or two. If not, he had a great NFL career. I wonder if he would consider a tight end coaching position for the Hawks? He'd be a great coach and recruiter.

I love Dallas as next as much as the next Hawk fan but I'm not sure how you can say for certain sure he would be a great coach/recruiter.

I love Dallas as next as much as the next Hawk fan but I'm not sure how you can say for certain sure he would be a great coach/recruiter.

There are no guarantees in life but I'd take a chance on him. Iowa kid, loves the Hawks, 11 years of NFL experience, Pro Bowler, Super Bowl ring … I would think a potential recruit would like that in a position coach. Can he coach? Nobody knows until they try it but he certainly would understand the position.

being a TE coach after being all he's been in the NFL would be a total drag, one would think. those guys put in a ton of hours just in iowa city, let alone flying around being joe salesman....

Playing and coaching are two different animals. No doubt his playing experience would help him but being able to talk to and teach another player your knowledge of the game can be tricky. Not all players can be coached the same way so it takes experience of dealing with different personalities. Not to say he doesn't have it, I'm just pointing out that not all great players are able to translate their knowledge to the coaching profession. I for one hope he gets one more crack at playing, maybe with a team like the Patriots, Broncos, or even the Packers. An offense that would be able to utilize is aging abilities best while being surrounded with other receiving weapons unlike the Ravens had.

You would think the Broncos might be a fit if Peyton is back next year. Peyton and Dallas were roommates on road trips for several years and have that history. The Patriots would be interesting since their top tight ends aren't playing but yet they seem just fine and get Joe Whoever from the street to fill in.

You would think the Broncos might be a fit if Peyton is back next year. Peyton and Dallas were roommates on road trips for several years and have that history. The Patriots would be interesting since their top tight ends aren't playing but yet they seem just fine and get Joe Whoever from the street to fill in.

I think the Broncos are just fine with Julius Thomas. Maybe as a 2nd/3rd stringer though, assuming the Broncos want to pay that much.

Latest posts