For those who care...Spring Practice Two-Deeps

Good looking team so far. Good to see Ott on the rise he is a beast. I expect to see Meier up there before too long also. When LTP comes back that D line will be fierce.

That's correct.

And I think it's pretty indicative of where the talent at D-End is this year. Not that Ott can't be a good player, but a place like Iowa, who needs great players in the trenches on both sides of the ball, can't afford to have a guy like Ott at this stage of his career being a starter. Just can't happen.

...or maybe he's a beast....

Or AC, which is why when I hear someone who I don't recall ever making a play, a beast, I'd like to hear a little more.

If I were forced to wager, I'd say to start the year it would be Rudock, CJ/Sokol. End of year, CJ, Rudock/Sokol.

So are we just gonna keep all the DL talent bunched up at DT? Cooper/LTP/Davis/Ekaktite(sp)/Johnson seems like it has some real potential as a rotation, but considering the talent we have out on the edge, I'd like to see as many of those guys on the line at once as possible.

So are we just gonna keep all the DL talent bunched up at DT? Cooper/LTP/Davis/Ekaktite(sp)/Johnson seems like it has some real potential as a rotation, but considering the talent we have out on the edge, I'd like to see as many of those guys on the line at once as possible.

The best 4 guys will get the most snaps but I think we will see a solid 7 to 8 man rotation. The only real question is where they will line up.

7 to 8 man rotation more often than not means we have a lot of average players with no one that stands out. This isn't the case all the time, but more often than not.

7 to 8 man rotation more often than not means we have a lot of average players with no one that stands out. This isn't the case all the time, but more often than not.

We should always be rotating on the DL. 2010 happened in large part because we did not rotate anyone and instead just let our guys gas out.

I think we have some interesting pieces on the DL. There's a ton of young talent, and more athleticism than any point since 2010. I hope they start mixing them in to the game and keeping everyone fresh.

My big concern right now is the line. Too many unknowns on both sides of the ball in the trenches.

Latest posts