For those thinking the Big Ten is destined for permanent gloom and doom ...

Florida, LSU, and Alabama have had more first round draft picks in the last 3 years than all of the BIG combined during that same period. That tells a little bit about where the top talent is coming from as of late. Have to look pretty hard to find any players on these team's rosters from the north.

Loads of talent in the southern states......due to many factors.

Follow the $$ trail. If the B1G wants to compete with the SEC, they need to pay to get top talent. $aban is a crook and I know for a fact that Trent Richardson was paid well while at Bama. Look at the last 10 NC winners, they all have skeletons in their closets.

If you can't beat them Join them.

Follow the $$ trail. If the B1G wants to compete with the SEC, they need to pay to get top talent. $aban is a crook and I know for a fact that Trent Richardson was paid well while at Bama. Look at the last 10 NC winners, they all have skeletons in their closets.

If you can't beat them Join them.
Yeah right. If a team like Iowa got caught cheating, it would not have the recovery power of an OSU or USC.

you guys are confusing correlation with cause and effect.

Yes there has been a big migration to the south. But those migrating to the south are not producing top football talent. People llike me migrated to the south. Not parents of those athletes.

Teams in the north used to have more success, and it wasn't because they were better at tapping into talent from the south than they are now. There was more available to them in their back yards. Now, Ohio is one of the few places to get top talent in the north.

By the way, blanket statements are kewl.

I guess you will have to take my internet word for it...

Trent Richardson did what any poor kid would do to help his family. These kids know college football is a money machine and they want their piece of the pie. Do you blame them?

Trent Richardson did what any poor kid would do to help his family. These kids know college football is a money machine and they want their piece of the pie. Do you blame them?

I think one of the worst things the BIG did was the B1G network. Cable is losing it's market share. Many families with kids who could be player recruits don't get to see as many B1G games now.

Many non recruit kids aren't watching B1G as much anymore.

Granted basketball is highly rated THIS YEAR, but overall over the years the B1G basketball is also losing it's fan base.

I think one of the worst things the BIG did was the B1G network. Cable is losing it's market share. Many families with kids who could be player recruits don't get to see as many B1G games now.

Many non recruit kids aren't watching B1G as much anymore.

Granted basketball is highly rated THIS YEAR, but overall over the years the B1G basketball is also losing it's fan base.

I don't understand your conclusion about the BTN. It's on satellite as well, and it basically gets games on TV that would otherwise have been on the former ESPN+. Not trying to be a d*ck, but I just don't get how the BTN is reducing viewership.

You're just making up psycho babble bull****...come back when you have facts re-re.

Not even going to vaguely suggest a connection? We're not asking for a smoking gun here, but I could just as easily say that 'I know for a fact' that Romney poops diamonds.

Not even going to vaguely suggest a connection? We're not asking for a smoking gun here, but I could just as easily say that 'I know for a fact' that Romney poops diamonds.

I know a friend of the family that played football in the SEC.

Do you remember when TR was in an accident as a sophomore? Do you remember the car he was driving?

Latest posts