For those that went to the practice.....

Going t minus 1 hour. It's spitting here a bit
It could be worse! I think there will be a hole from 12:30-4:30 without rain.

xerxes-41313-1_650x366.jpg

KCCI says to expect traffic snarls near the stadium... allow plenty of time to get there. Hope somebody posts some photos. BTW, with this wind the punters should look real good, or real bad!

KCCI says to expect traffic snarls near the stadium... allow plenty of time to get there. Hope somebody posts some photos. BTW, with this wind the punters should look real good, or real bad!

This will be good to see how Conner does. One of his 12 yd pooches last year was into a decent breeze.
Hopefully he has learned how to cut into the wind.

Is this a game, scrimmage or open practice? Or side walk tour along a fence with knot holes?

As I understand it, they'll be doing drills then a scrimmage. I'm not sure how this compares to what they do for spring practice in Kinnick in two weeks.

Just got back. Place was pretty full by the time it started, and most folks stuck around for at least an hour. After that it was a pretty steady trickle out.

Overall, it was a good experience. For someone who would never consider driving to Iowa City to see one of these, it was neat to see what the team does to get better. This is something they (Iowa) definitely need to be doing every year, as there is clearly interest in it.

Just got back. Place was pretty full by the time it started, and most folks stuck around for at least an hour. After that it was a pretty steady trickle out.

Overall, it was a good experience. For someone who would never consider driving to Iowa City to see one of these, it was neat to see what the team does to get better. This is something they (Iowa) definitely need to be doing every year, as there is clearly interest in it.

by pretty full what do you mean? advertised 14-15k tickets given away,and i believe the listed capacity of the place is 10k. so that would mean a lot of standing room people if a high percentage of the tickets showed up. how many people do you think were there at the beginning? thanks.....

I was expecting to park in Siberia and stand In The grass but was quite surprised. It was def not sold out. There was plenty of space.

by pretty full what do you mean? advertised 14-15k tickets given away,and i believe the listed capacity of the place is 10k. so that would mean a lot of standing room people if a high percentage of the tickets showed up. how many people do you think were there at the beginning? thanks.....

It wasn't completely full, but the pockets of empties that there were weren't very big. The "lower level" on the home side was completely full, and the upper level seemed to fill up as well. Visiting side was probably 90% as well. One of the end zones had a fence behind the back line; there were probably 30 folks or so watching from there.

Not even close to 14k in the building. 9k would probably be pushing it.

Latest posts