For those interested in Conference Realignment

Does anybody remember if CBS is going to start a sports station? Thought I remember rumblings about them trying to go for one of these big contracts...

Huh? They been independent for 1 year. ND has been independent for 121 years.

Yes, that's why I said ND light. The issue isn't how ling they have been independent, but their committed fan base. Seriously, go to a BYU game at one of these neutral sites, you'll see. The LDS crowd is not the overall size of the Catholic crowd, but they don't have to split loyalties with schools like Nova, BC, St John's, etc...

Does anybody remember if CBS is going to start a sports station? Thought I remember rumblings about them trying to go for one of these big contracts...

It's NBC. They essentially renamed and rebranded Versus into the NBC Sports Network. They do need content and a comprehensive conference agreement would be great for them. Whether it happens or not is up in the air.

It's on the air right now. CBS and NBC have several sports stations on Directv.