Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Regaurdless, yes

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Regaurdless no.

Votes: 20 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brach700

With DJKs admission of guilt, should he still be recognized as Iowas all time leading WR. I would think he has played under the influence which would make a difference in his performance. The Ncaa can strip teams of wins, why wouldnt teams be able to strip records from players.

The yards on the field were real...cant take that away. Should he be held as the greatest Hawk ever...nah.

Last edited:
The yards on the field were real...cant take that away. Should be harold as the greatest Hawk ever...nah.

Exactly. can't change the past. Bonds will always have the homerun record (until broken) even if he is a cheater. The kid performed on the field. Apparently nobody knew about it so why should it change the records.

Did OJ lose his Heisman? Will LT be left out of the Hall? This is a stupid poll. It's not like he is using performance enhancers. He messed up but his numbers speak for themselves. He knows he messed up and ruined his life. He earned his marks, regardless of his character issues.

Exactly. can't change the past. Bonds will always have the homerun record (until broken) even if he is a cheater. The kid performed on the field. Apparently nobody knew about it so why should it change the records.

I disagree with this. Bonds is not a good comparison. Bonds cheated to obtain those records by taking PED's (allegedly :rolleyes:). DJK's actions, while incredibly stupid, didn't affect his performance. He's more in the Pete Rose boat, IMO.

I disagree with this. Bonds is not a good comparison. Bonds cheated to obtain those records by taking PED's (allegedly :rolleyes:). DJK's actions, while incredibly stupid, didn't affect his performance. He's more in the Pete Rose boat, IMO.

Even more of a reason why DJK should keep his records. That's what I was going for. As for the game Bond's was worse, as for personal life DJK was probably worse.

Did OJ lose his Heisman? Will LT be left out of the Hall? This is a stupid poll. It's not like he is using performance enhancers. He messed up but his numbers speak for themselves. He knows he messed up and ruined his life. He earned his marks, regardless of his character issues.

Reggie Bush lost his Heisman. Pete Rose will never be in the HOF. Coke is very much a performance enhancer and if he was all coked up while playing, it would make a difference. Im not saying he was, but there is that potential.

Even more of a reason why DJK should keep his records. That's what I was going for. As for the game Bond's was worse, as for personal life DJK was probably worse.

Agreed. I meant that to mean that the records still belong to DJK, as they should. They still belong to Bonds too, but I don't feel they should. Those are just two equally serious situations, but at opposite ends of the spectrum.

the poll should be: if DJK wasnt taking/selling drugs (allegedly) would he have smashed the 1,000 yard mark!

I really hope we are able to see a bunch of other receivers break his records to knock his name from the lists. I really don't want to see his name written anywhere in Iowa Hawkeye history.

reggie bush lost his heisman because he wasn't even eligible to earn it. pete rose(could have) compromised the integrity of games. DJK doing some coke isn't even in the same realm as those things

I think steroids is a performance enhancing drug... So unless you know that all record holders are clean... Don't throw stones in glass houses....

Latest posts