For some entertainment...

What cracks me up is continuing to hear the argument that “Iowa is winning these games during the best ever stretch of Iowa fb while Nebraska is in the worse stretch they’ve ever had”.

This argument went stale about 15+ years ago. I could say 20+ years ago however the first 5 or so years it was a legitimate take. Husker fans would not like to accept the fact Nebraska has a losing culture mentality problem within their program. It set in years ago but it’s going to continue to be tough to break out of. Even for a program w/ such history & tradition as Nebraska. I think Matt rhule sounds like he’s the coach that’ll break them out of this however stay toned to see if Husker fans are willing to b patient enough to let him do it. If not they’ll simply continue on the path they’ve been on for a long time.

Some of my favorite quotes:

"We need counseling as a state."

"Learned why most other fanbases hate us. f#&%ing crybabies."

"Come on. One time. Please don’t let Iowa pull a classic Iowa win here. Please I beg"

"Our head coach is an idiot"

"This is like ground hog's day only worse."

"When your OC gets punked by a guy that got fired by his dad……you know he sucks"

"My own damn kid is about to beat me..unbelievable. Drew is gonna get a shot. Please miss it and throw your old coach a bone"

The last one is particularly interesting. It appears that one of Drew Stevens former coaches is a Nebraska fan...

What cracks me up is continuing to hear the argument that “Iowa is winning these games during the best ever stretch of Iowa fb while Nebraska is in the worse stretch they’ve ever had”.

This argument went stale about 15+ years ago. I could say 20+ years ago however the first 5 or so years it was a legitimate take. Husker fans would not like to accept the fact Nebraska has a losing culture mentality problem within their program. It set in years ago but it’s going to continue to be tough to break out of. Even for a program w/ such history & tradition as Nebraska. I think Matt rhule sounds like he’s the coach that’ll break them out of this however stay toned to see if Husker fans are willing to b patient enough to let him do it. If not they’ll simply continue on the path they’ve been on for a long time.
I bet Rhule does not last.....not enough of a splash hire....just another place holder until they spend a fortune on the next big thing.

I bet Rhule does not last.....not enough of a splash hire....just another place holder until they spend a fortune on the next big thing.
He was hired by Trev Alberts, who just got a huge raise and extension. He is at least trying to do things the right way, as opposed to Scott Frost, who tried to change things with smoke and mirrors. I don't think Ruhle is going anywhere for a while.

He was hired by Trev Alberts, who just got a huge raise and extension. He is at least trying to do things the right way, as opposed to Scott Frost, who tried to change things with smoke and mirrors. I don't think Ruhle is going anywhere for a while.
Unless that fanbase comes to terms with it's current (had has been for awhile) mediocrity. Otherwise, they will be figuratively bangng on Trev's door.

Love the shit talking about the big ten west and how we were gifted all these wins.
Do they realize they play in the big ten west too?
Hell no they don't realize they're playing in the west as well. They're too busy blaming the officials and debating who the next coach will be to lead them to the promised land.

Rhule is going to stick. The expectations are so fucking low in Nebraska right now. They have the longest non-bowl streak of any P5 in the country. The fans are abused spouses and would kill for a 6-6 season. While the results this season were similar to the last 5+, I can see a difference between a Rhule team and a Frost team. He has brought in discipline and accountability. What he has not found is a QB who will stop giving the ball away. Its like Nebbie goes to the butter fingers factory to find QBs who refuse to hold on to the ball. If he solves his QB problem, he will have this team on the winning side of things.

While I hate Nebbie more than any team around, I am having a real issue trying to hate Rhule. He has said nothing but good things about KF, and I think he is trying to build a similar culture.

Rhule is going to stick. The expectations are so fucking low in Nebraska right now. They have the longest non-bowl streak of any P5 in the country. The fans are abused spouses and would kill for a 6-6 season. While the results this season were similar to the last 5+, I can see a difference between a Rhule team and a Frost team. He has brought in discipline and accountability. What he has not found is a QB who will stop giving the ball away. Its like Nebbie goes to the butter fingers factory to find QBs who refuse to hold on to the ball. If he solves his QB problem, he will have this team on the winning side of things.

While I hate Nebbie more than any team around, I am having a real issue trying to hate Rhule. He has said nothing but good things about KF, and I think he is trying to build a similar culture.
As much as I hate saying it I agree with you. Seems like a good guy and potentially good coach that could bring them back to relevancy. That said I hope they can him as they've done with everyone else in the past because I'd love to see that program rot for all eternity and think he's the guy that will turn them around.

As much as I hate saying it I agree with you. Seems like a good guy and potentially good coach that could bring them back to relevancy. That said I hope they can him as they've done with everyone else in the past because I'd love to see that program rot for all eternity and think he's the guy that will turn them around.
Given recruiting and geographic challenges getting quality kids to go to Lincoln, in my view Nebbie's ceiling is Penn State level. We have already seen the floor the last decade. I think Rhule can get them to to 7-11 wins a year type of level. The days of beating Oklahoma and going to the Orange Bowl for a Nattie chance are dead dead dead.

Given recruiting and geographic challenges getting quality kids to go to Lincoln, in my view Nebbie's ceiling is Penn State level. We have already seen the floor the last decade. I think Rhule can get them to to 7-11 wins a year type of level. The days of beating Oklahoma and going to the Orange Bowl for a Nattie chance are dead dead dead.
Definitely agree their ceiling is at the very most PSU level, but with that said I much rather prefer to see that program never materialize to being anything better then what they currently are.

Definitely agree their ceiling is at the very most PSU level, but with that said I much rather prefer to see that program never materialize to being anything better then what they currently are.
Iowa definitely felt that way too, seriously, that game was basically an exhibition game and Iowa pulled their beating heart out of their chest and showed it to them!

I think their ceiling is current IA. They pack the stands and have more NIL than us, but just don't have the name recognition that they did 30 years ago to get top talent to come to Lincoln. And it'll take 10 years of continual 9-10 wins to get that. So a chicken and egg thing.

Love the shit talking about the big ten west and how we were gifted all these wins.
Do they realize they play in the big ten west too?
Exactly would you rather be a 10 win team in a bad division or a 5 win team... Hmmm.... Nebraska fans are sure something