For real? The Clowns are charging $90 for the Iowa game?

DesMoinesHawki

Recently renewed my season ticket order, and also have the chance to order away game tickets ... Low and behold, which was the most expensive ticket in the packet? Yes, the Iowa/ISU game.

ISU: $90
Penn State: $70
Minnesota: $70 (really??)
Purdue (at $48 seems like a steal)
Nebraska ($70)

Hmmm ... so I guess the ISU game is of more value than trips to Happy Valley and Nebraska. I know this is the nature of the beast but it still peeves me that Pollard tries to stick it to the Iowa fans for their one and only game (outside of Nebraska) that draws fan interest and ticket demand. I guess Pollard is wanting to pay off that fancy new scoreboard to avoid interest.

Recently renewed my season ticket order, and also have the chance to order away game tickets ... Low and behold, which was the most expensive ticket in the packet? Yes, the Iowa/ISU game.

ISU: $90
Penn State: $70
Minnesota: $70 (really??)
Purdue (at $48 seems like a steal)
Nebraska ($70)

Hmmm ... so I guess the ISU game is of more value than trips to Happy Valley and Nebraska. I know this is the nature of the beast but it still peeves me that Pollard tries to stick it to the Iowa fans for their one and only game (outside of Nebraska) that draws fan interest and ticket demand. I guess Pollard is wanting to pay off that fancy new scoreboard to avoid interest.

Have to make up for the revenue that will be lost for other games when they fail to entice clown fans to watch a mediocre product. Maybe this year they'll make it 2 hot dogs, 2 pops and ticket for $10. When are we going to drop this worthless game?

Have to make up for the revenue that will be lost for other games when they fail to entice clown fans to watch a mediocre product. Maybe this year they'll make it 2 hot dogs, 2 pops and ticket for $10. When are we going to drop this worthless game?

^^^^^this^^^^^^

Pretty sure this happened 2 years ago as well, maybe even 4 years ago.

Its a Pollard scam. So when ever he came on, is when it began.
Lets look at some of Pollard's other brilliant moves.
McDermott ----- FAIL
Chizek -----------FAIL
Chizek commemorative coin ------EPIC FAIL
Cael Sanderson -----FAIL
What else can he screw up?

McDermott ----- FAIL
Chizek -----------FAIL
Cael Sanderson -----FAIL

Don't forget the infamous black curtain for the Iowa/ISU wrestling meet.

McDermott ----- FAIL
Chizek -----------FAIL
Cael Sanderson -----FAIL

He hasn't screwed the pooch yet, just give him time.

McDermott ----- FAIL
Chizek -----------FAIL
Cael Sanderson -----FAIL

Um, 2 of 3 were national championship coachs, albeit not with ISU.

Regarding the game, its simple supply/demand. Guess what, there are enough Iowa fans willing to pay it and the stadium is always full for the game. Guess in my opinion it is better that Iowa and ISU make money on tickets than a scalper outside the gates.

Regarding the game, its simple supply/demand. Guess what, there are enough Iowa fans willing to pay it and the stadium is always full for the game. Guess in my opinion it is better that Iowa and ISU make money on tickets than a scalper outside the gates.

Yup. Kinda surprised it's more than the Inagural Nebby/Iowa game but other than that it makes perfect sense that Iowa State is the most.

I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Yup. Kinda surprised it's more than the Inagural Nebby/Iowa game but other than that it makes perfect sense that Iowa State is the most.
That's cause the Buckeyes come to Memorial Stadium this season. That will decrease the demand for the Iowa game for sure.

When do single season tickets for ISU games go on sale again?

Wouldn't mind watching Iowa christen ISU's new scoreboard with a blowout win.

Latest posts