Football/Weddings

WildTurkey

They don't freakin mix! Quit getting married on Saturdays in the fall. Please! I am going to miss at least 1 maybe 2 games this year.

And for those of you that will reply with stuff like "There is more important things in life than football".. well your wrong! football is life..

But hey, congrats on getting hitched people. Have fun paying that alimony in a few years!

I miss one game a year (or usually - depends how late it is) for the Festival of Barrel Aged Beers (1st or 2nd Sat in Nov) regardless.. and I can assure you, that festival IS more important than football.

I miss one game a year (or usually - depends how late it is) for the Festival of Barrel Aged Beers (1st or 2nd Sat in Nov) regardless.. and I can assure you, that festival IS more important than football.

No it's not.

To the OP. Don't go to the weddings. They'll take pictures.

They don't freakin mix! Quit getting married on Saturdays in the fall. Please! I am going to miss at least 1 maybe 2 games this year.

And for those of you that will reply with stuff like "There is more important things in life than football".. well your wrong! football is life..

But hey, congrats on getting hitched people. Have fun paying that alimony in a few years!

That's what DVR's are for. I guess if you wanted to go to those games in person, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

I got married in February to stay clear of hunting/football in the fall. Well, my luck, Iowa plays in the Big Ten Tournament that night so I ended up having three big screens brought to the reception. Even told the DJ he couldn't play anything till the game was over.

I agree with this post 100%. Weddings are usually scheduled by chicks who don't like football.

The wedding date is flexible, frankly; the football game date is not.

Football is not more important than a wedding, but it can be just as important, when you factor in family members traveling hundreds or thousands of miles for a game. Football games are huge social and family gatherings; it is not "just a game". They are important. So are weddings. Pay attention to those fall dates when you are scheduling a wedding!!!!

I got married on a Friday in the fall, on purpose. Next day my groomsmen and I went to a bar and watched the Hawks take down Mich State, 2007. Waited until Sunday for a honeymoon.

I got married in February to stay clear of hunting/football in the fall. Well, my luck, Iowa plays in the Big Ten Tournament that night so I ended up having three big screens brought to the reception. Even told the DJ he couldn't play anything till the game was over.

I live by the same rules, fall is for hunting/football.

My sister had a great Maid of Honor speech at her best friend's wedding (Who went to MSU) on the same Saturday as the Iowa/MSU game in 2004. I was invited, but stayed in Iowa to go to the game instead.

One of her closing lines was that "..And let us not remember that Michigan State was thoroughly beaten down by the Hawkeyes today, but remember this day for the..."

I told my wife the fall was off limits, period, when scheduling ours. She complied. And that was the last time she listened to anything I had to say. Worth it.

Coming from the man who's telling people not to get married during football season. Brilliant. :rolleyes:

Hey natty, call WildTurkey "brah" or "bro", then step back and watch the fireworks. :D

My wedding was end of June. Perfect time of year, for both weather and being unobtrusive to important sporting events.

Wife tried to drag me to her best friend's wedding last year for the NW night game. My friend and I already had a party planned at his house. I told her I'd go to the ceremony then I was out. She was pi$$ed and so was her friend. Her friend even walked up to me while we were taking pics and said " Are you really skipping the reception?" I straight told her shouldn't of scheduled it during an Iowa game. During the game I got a text from my wife saying "Most boring reception ever, you're lucky" Apparently, everyone just hung out at the lobby bar watching the game.

I've had Hawkeye season tickets since 2001. I've only missed two games (2002 ISU, 2007 Syracuse, both night games), and both were due to weddings. I hope I don't ever miss another.

A friend got married on the day of the 1985 Iowa-Michigan game. At one point, every male at the reception was in the parking lot listening to the game on a car radio.

When are people gonna realize that Weddings in the fall on saturdays is a bad idea. Iv heard many cases that for the reception they had to drag in a TV to watch the game, or some people wouldnt show up. Ya I get theres other things in life besides football, but the girls who book their weddings on those days are stuck up, and think of nothing but themselvs. No regards or respect to other people.

I am a Iowa graduate and have missed two home games in twenty-five years. My sisters both married Iowa State Graduates and they scheduled their weddings on an Iowa home game.

Imagine that!

Latest posts