Football ticket "Specials" for the first three games.

SPGroth

All season ticket holders received an email with these special ticket offers for the first three games of the season.

August 31 – Northern Illinois – Adult tickets $50 (regularly $65)
September 7 – Missouri State – Adult tickets $35 (regularly $55)
September 21 – Western Michigan – Adult tickets $35 (regularly $60)

There are $25 youth tickets available for those high school age or younger. Please remember that everyone, regardless of age, needs a ticket.

A guy I go to games with just bought tickets to Missouri St. the other day...hes not gonna be happy. :)

We are seeing the fallout from the 4-8 record last year. I was wondering how that would affect ticket sales.

By the look of this sale and previous emails for sales of single game tickets I would say season ticket sales are down a good percentage, 8-10-15 % , who knows.

People on HN have been saying it is the first time their requests for reseating have been granted.

Another bad season this year and the 2014 reseating and re-donation appeal will go poorly or need to be canceled.

Yikes, I hope we dont get to that point.

We are seeing the fallout from the 4-8 record last year. I was wondering how that would affect ticket sales.

By the look of this sale and previous emails for sales of single game tickets I would say season ticket sales are down a good percentage, 8-10-15 % , who knows.

People on HN have been saying it is the first time their requests for reseating have been granted.

Another bad season this year and the 2014 reseating and re-donation appeal will go poorly or need to be canceled.

Yikes, I hope we dont get to that point.

The details aren't that hard to look up, you don't have to just pull numbers out of your ***.

There's roughly 5 k seats remaining for the two cupcake games which is about 93% capacity

There's 2k remaining for N Ill which comes out to about 97%

There's about 1k remaining for a few of the other big 10 games which is about 98.5%

So if every game last year was sold out (it wasn't) that would be a drop in attendance of somewhere around 3-6% assuming no more tickets are sold yet this year.

Fans don't know what to expect, that's why the sales are slow. A family of 4 with tickets/gas/parking/food/drinks is an easy $300.
I know a lot of people who are waiting to see the team play before they buy tickets.
If the Hawks start the season 3-0 and have an offense that isn't as predictable as last year, the ticket sales will climb again.

Then again, if the team falls to a missouri st or western michigan team, ticket prices will drop substantially.

The details aren't that hard to look up, you don't have to just pull numbers out of your ***.

There's roughly 5 k seats remaining for the two cupcake games which is about 93% capacity

There's 2k remaining for N Ill which comes out to about 97%

There's about 1k remaining for a few of the other big 10 games which is about 98.5%

So if every game last year was sold out (it wasn't) that would be a drop in attendance of somewhere around 3-6% assuming no more tickets are sold yet this year.

So where did you see these published numbers of tickets remaining to be sold with 3 weeks until the first game?? Hey Clark I mean superman???

You talk about me pulling numbers out of my ARSE and then you just throw a bunch of numbers into your post. DUH.

In early July there was an email for tickets to games I think the B1G home games.

So how do you extrapolate your guesses into the total numbers and % of season tickets sold compared to last year or two years ago?? You say there are a certain number left but that doesn't mean another 5,000 havent already been sold as singles, which totally screws with your logic and algorithms. Well clark, can you tell me exactly how many season tickets have been sold???

So where did you see these published numbers of tickets remaining to be sold with 3 weeks until the first game?? Hey Clark I mean superman???

You talk about me pulling numbers out of my ARSE and then you just throw a bunch of numbers into your post. DUH.

In early July there was an email for tickets to games I think the B1G home games.

So how do you extrapolate your guesses into the total numbers and % of season tickets sold compared to last year or two years ago?? You say there are a certain number left but that doesn't mean another 5,000 havent already been sold as singles, which totally screws with your logic and algorithms. Well clark, can you tell me exactly how many season tickets have been sold???

Season ticket sales are at 59,000, which is right where they were in 2010. Still very strong support for a team coming off 4-8. If the team shows anything in the non-con all the conference games will be likely sellouts or very close.

https://twitter.com/ScottDochterman

that's how I know.

Fans don't know what to expect, that's why the sales are slow. A family of 4 with tickets/gas/parking/food/drinks is an easy $300.
I know a lot of people who are waiting to see the team play before they buy tickets.
If the Hawks start the season 3-0 and have an offense that isn't as predictable as last year, the ticket sales will climb again.

Then again, if the team falls to a missouri st or western michigan team, ticket prices will drop substantially.
How are those slow sales? That idiot Scott Dochterman at the CR Gazette Tweeted something recently saying Iowa is feeling the sting of the 4-8 season because they have 8,000 tickets left to sell. That's not 8,000 a game, that's 8,000 total for the season.

There are 494,095 tickets available this year. That means Iowa has not sold 1.6% of the available tickets for the year.

Yep, the fans have clearly given up on this team. Hey, I have an idea, let's celebrate ISU selling 40,000 season tickets like it's the greatest feat in the history of sport! Better give Rhoads an extension. Momentum. Excitement. On the rise!

How are those slow sales? That idiot Scott Dochterman at the CR Gazette Tweeted something recently saying Iowa is feeling the sting of the 4-8 season because they have 8,000 tickets left to sell. That's not 8,000 a game, that's 8,000 total for the season.

There are 494,095 tickets available this year. That means Iowa has not sold 1.6% of the available tickets for the year.

Yep, the fans have clearly given up on this team. Hey, I have an idea, let's celebrate ISU selling 40,000 season tickets like it's the greatest feat in the history of sport! Better give Rhoads an extension. Momentum. Excitement. On the rise!
The ticket numbers posted aren't 100% accurate.
Keep in mind, each visiting school gets 4,000 tickets. They send them back about 10-14 days before the game, if any are available.
Northern Illinois, Western Michigan, Missouri State will not bring 4,000 fans.
I could see Northern Illinois bringing upwards of 2-3,000.

Even the Big 10 games, not everyone will bring 4,000 fans from the allotment.

Also, Bravo Sports receives 1,000 tickets to each game. They won't come close to selling that for the first 3 home games.
So that's 5,000 seats to every game that are reserved, and a high percentage of those will be made available to the public eventually.

There are numerous other groups that receive tickets, too.

The "slow ticket sales" is because previous years, nearly every game would sell out the first day they went on sale.

The ticket numbers posted aren't 100% accurate.
Keep in mind, each visiting school gets 4,000 tickets. They send them back about 10-14 days before the game, if any are available.
Northern Illinois, Western Michigan, Missouri State will not bring 4,000 fans.
I could see Northern Illinois bringing upwards of 2-3,000.

Even the Big 10 games, not everyone will bring 4,000 fans from the allotment.

Also, Bravo Sports receives 1,000 tickets to each game. They won't come close to selling that for the first 3 home games.
So that's 5,000 seats to every game that are reserved, and a high percentage of those will be made available to the public eventually.

There are numerous other groups that receive tickets, too.

The "slow ticket sales" is because previous years, nearly every game would sell out the first day they went on sale.
So 98.4% of the tickets got sold? Disappointing.

So 98.4% of the tickets got sold? Disappointing.
You're looking into it too much. As the guy above you said "it must be good if this is a bad year."

From the last 5+ years, yes, this is a bad year for ticket sales. That's not saying Kinnick will be half empty come game day.

In the last 10 years, I don't recall Iowa EVER offering discounted tickets for adults.
$35 for an Iowa Hawkeyes football game is dirt cheap.

The ticket office knows the sales are slower than usual.

Also, tickets sold and actual attendance will be a huge difference this season, especially for the games against missouri st/western michigan. There will be blocks of empty seats for those 2 games, even if it's considered a sell out. Fans just aren't excited about this season and hopefully that changes by the time Big 10 play begins.

Season ticket sales are at 59,000, which is right where they were in 2010. Still very strong support for a team coming off 4-8. If the team shows anything in the non-con all the conference games will be likely sellouts or very close.

OK, wait a second, hold the phone, and all that stuff.

Two or three years ago this time a poster on HN was saying how his application for season tickets was declined, he didn't get season tickets.

Now explain to me how in the heck this person doesnt get season tickets when only about 59,000+ are getting season tickets or maybe into the low 60K range.

Why would the ticket office not take this person's money and give them season tickets? Even taking into account the 4,000 tixs set aside for visiting fans and there should have been at a few more season tickets available.

Has anyone been denied season tickets this year?

OK, wait a second, hold the phone, and all that stuff.

Two or three years ago this time a poster on HN was saying how his application for season tickets was declined, he didn't get season tickets.

Now explain to me how in the heck this person doesnt get season tickets when only about 59,000+ are getting season tickets or maybe into the low 60K range.

Why would the ticket office not take this person's money and give them season tickets? Even taking into account the 4,000 tixs set aside for visiting fans and there should have been at a few more season tickets available.

Has anyone been denied season tickets this year?
University actually makes more money off single game sales than season ticket sales.
This is especially true in the endzone seats where you don't need an IClub donation.
Season ticket this year is $388.
Non season ticket holders will pay $450.
Season ticket holders can pay $100 for a parking pass in the General Parking Lots.
Non season ticket holders will pay $20 a game, or $140 for the year.

Nearly everyone was declined season tickets each of the last 3-4 years.
Anyone who applied this year was accepted, as they were STILL taking applications not even a month ago.

Kinnick holds just a hair over 70,000 fans.
59,000 for season ticket holders seems accurate.

4,000 = visiting team allotment
1,000 = bravo sports group packages

Plus, corporate sponsorship groups receive multiple tickets for each game.
The athletic ticket department receives multiple tickets for each game.
Homecoming committee receives tickets for that specific game.

That leaves single game sales with a few thousand tickets available to the public.
That's why games sold out so quickly in previous years. There were probably 20,000+ fans fighting over roughly 4,000 tickets to each game. That resulted in secondary ticket prices being nearly double face value for multiple games over the years.

Latest posts