Football Song

sandhawk20

I posted this on the other side too, but I thought I'd share it with everyone as it's a pretty cool/moving song (even if you don't like country)...especially if you ever played.

Has a nice little clip of Dallas Clark one-handing a TD.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlXDo5WhQXI]YouTube - ‪Kenny Chesney - The Boys of Fall‬‎[/ame]

I am a Kenny Chesney and County listener. This is a cool song. It sounds like he is working with ESPN on some kind of special. Did play football in high school and it does bring back some memories.

I am a Chesney fan. Saw him in concert in Des Moines in May 2009. During his song, "Back Where I Come From" Dallas Clark came out and sang the chorus with him. Complete awesomeness!

kenny is the man. big football fan too. someone should send him a hawk shirt and see if he will wear it in a video or something

Although this may be blasphemous pay homage to Tennessee FB, here is a song Chesney did in tribute to longtime UT radio man John Ward.

One of my all-time favorite KC songs...listen closely to the words.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61DnOsJd1Jc"]YouTube - ‪Touchdown Tennessee‬‎[/ame]

I'm not much of a country fan, but I have to give Kenny props to making this song and video to honor what most people in this country call the greatest game on earth. (Everyone else in the world will differ with us, though.) You can see it in the faces of everyone who plays/played the game from Pop Warner through the NFL. I have the Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony on ESPN in the background here, and Dick LeBeau is currently talking about his time as a player and coach.

Of course, it's a shame that no one was able to get a film of the late Ed Thomas talking with his A-P Falcons. His family got the Arthur Ashe Award for Courage between Coach's leading Parkersburg back from the rubble of the Memorial Day weekend 2008 tornado and the family forgiving the Becker family for what Mark Becker did last June. Coach also preached the three Fs in life: Faith, Family and Football. I never had a chance to meet the man, but I had the priviledge of being educated under another great high school coach, Pat Mitchell at Cedar Falls High. I never played for the Tigers, as I stopped playing football after ninth grade (never was any good), but I had Coach Mitchell for summer driver's ed and PE a few times when I was going to CF. I think Coach Mitchell is cut from the same cloth as Coach Thomas. I did, though, have the opportunity to work with Thomas' son, Aaron, once or twice when he was still the basketball coach at Union of LaPorte City. I think he has the same dedication for youth sports that his father did, and he took over his father's AD job at A-P last year.

Anyway, enough rambling. Just want to close with I'm looking forward to another exciting football season, between covering the CF Tigers for the Cedar Falls Times, following the Hawkeyes and catching NFL games, especially Da Bears!

Kenny is over rated! Can't stand the song, can't stand watching him sing and turn the radio very quickly when he comes on.

Latest posts