Football OT: NFL officials having a rough weekend wildcard round

uihawk82

Some strange and possibly bad calls in Cincy Raiders game. hardly watched the Bills blowout so not sure there, same with Bucs game. But some iffy calls in cowboys-niners game. The latest being the fake punt by dallas which they convert and the cowboys leave their punt team on the field and get right to the ball to snap it but the officials hold up the snap to let the niners get their defense on the field. I thought if your offense didnt sub then you could snap it when ball put in play and the refs should not hold up the game for the defense. Anyway, after all that the refs stood over the ball and the cowboys got called for a delay of game. Weird very Weird. The cowboys are playing their usual over penalized, not disciplined style. I am mainly pulling for Kittle in this game.

Yeah refs gonna ref. They've been bad all year really. The playoffs are just going to magnify it all. Cowboys have nobody to blame but themselves. Good God so many of their penalties were legit and stupid. 9ers did dumb things too to keep them in it. Was a tough game to watch

The Bengals game is a good example of how the main league office should have a big red button somewhere that says STOP, that some league official can hit that stops the game and says, "Hold up, you guys are fucking this up royally; here's the way you're gonna fix it."

That erroneous whistle debacle cost the Raiders 7 net points which was the MOV for that game.

How hard would it have been for a league official to see the situation (even I knew what was going on and I'm an idiot), stop play, and phone into the booth to tell them that the inadvertent whistle makes the ball dead immediately, no touchdown. It's still a refereeing screw up because of the whistle, but at least the rules specify what happens when an erroneous whistle is blown. They stacked two major F ups right on top of each other, the announcers saw it , we all saw it, and the entire league office saw it. Mistakes happen and I can't fault officials who are at that high of an elite level. But give them every single opportunity to fix them if you don't want refs deciding the outcome of games.

Not withstanding their errors (and the refs got it RIGHT at the end of the 49ers-Cowboys game), it’s never right to throw debris or anything at participants on the field, including the officials. Kudos to this USA Today columnist for calling out Dak Prescott for his seeming endorsement of some punk Cowpukes fans.

Learn the rules, Dak. You squandered your team’s last opportunity to try to win.

The Bengals game is a good example of how the main league office should have a big red button somewhere that says STOP, that some league official can hit that stops the game and says, "Hold up, you guys are fucking this up royally; here's the way you're gonna fix it."

That erroneous whistle debacle cost the Raiders 7 net points which was the MOV for that game.

How hard would it have been for a league official to see the situation (even I knew what was going on and I'm an idiot), stop play, and phone into the booth to tell them that the inadvertent whistle makes the ball dead immediately, no touchdown. It's still a refereeing screw up because of the whistle, but at least the rules specify what happens when an erroneous whistle is blown. They stacked two major F ups right on top of each other, the announcers saw it , we all saw it, and the entire league office saw it. Mistakes happen and I can't fault officials who are at that high of an elite level. But give them every single opportunity to fix them if you don't want refs deciding the outcome of games.
Here’s the problem: I think the league does have that ability and they are even dumber than we are. Look at how few overturns they had the year that coaches could challenge. As I recall the percent was in the single digits, and there were some egregious examples. These guys just suck royally at their jobs.