Football dilemma

I don't know about buying into that program...it appears it's heading back to the 1970's era NW days. To think they were a top ten team before losing all those games last year. At least in our 4-8 season, no one was expecting us to be world beaters and Ferentz sure wasn't playing up the team like Fitz was. That was an Epic fail by the mildcats last year. I'm not sure I'd spend any money on a program on a downward spiral. Losing Colter is only going to hurt more. Now they have guy sitting back there that can't outrun Carl Davis. Not good.

NU was not ranked in the Top 10 last year.

16/17 was as high as they got in each poll before losing to OSU.

Delete the nebraska game, watch it online.

[video=youtube;-RC8wevYiPA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RC8wevYiPA[/video]

So major dilemma:
Every season I DVR the football games to help survive the long offseason. With bball done and the spring just getting kicked up; I'm having trouble deciding which game from 2013 to watch. I'm leaning towards the Iowa/ISU game (because a good dismantling of teh cyclowns is always nice); but I was curious if anyone else had a fav they'd start with.

eda, just rearead this...I noticed you are asking about which game (single game).

If you've got enough time and electicity to do so, I'd watch all 8 wins and most of the Ohio State game.

like everyone esle, I aint exactly answering your question
:)

You could pick which parts of winning games you might switch into losing games in order to make an undefeated season!

eda, just rearead this...I noticed you are asking about which game (single game).

If you've got enough time and electicity to do so, I'd watch all 8 wins and most of the Ohio State game.

like everyone esle, I aint exactly answering your question
:)

Thx Hawker. I wish I had that kind of time. I'm off work this week, but I also have a 10, 8, and 2 yr old dipping into muh free time. The older two are at school all day, so the foosball is a nap time activity for me.

I opted for the NW game (did u hear that oKeefe?). What a game! I forgot what a tremendous job the defense did that game. Morris was in Colter's pocket all day, and the d-line took over during OT. Watching it does take me back there. The stadium was electric for OT, and noise levels were approaching (not reaching) the levels of 2010 Wisky.

I will add for those that constantly say KirFer is always conservative, need to watch that game. I think he wanted to beat NW as bad as Fitz always wants to beat Iowa.

Thx Hawker. I wish I had that kind of time. I'm off work this week, but I also have a 10, 8, and 2 yr old dipping into muh free time. The older two are at school all day, so the foosball is a nap time activity for me.

I opted for the NW game (did u hear that oKeefe?). What a game! I forgot what a tremendous job the defense did that game. Morris was in Colter's pocket all day, and the d-line took over during OT. Watching it does take me back there. The stadium was electric for OT, and noise levels were approaching (not reaching) the levels of 2010 Wisky.

I will add for those that constantly say KirFer is always conservative, need to watch that game. I think he wanted to beat NW as bad as Fitz always wants to beat Iowa.

He was aggressive on defense because he knew Colter couldn't throw the ball. But IIRC, the offense looked unstoppable on the first drive and then promptly took a dump, scoring just one more field goal the rest of regulation.

One game per nap . . . just skip commercials and the standing around. Condensed games are less than an hour long.

He was aggressive on defense because he knew Colter couldn't throw the ball. But IIRC, the offense looked unstoppable on the first drive and then promptly took a dump, scoring just one more field goal the rest of regulation.

I respectfully disagree with the aggressiveness on D., but I'd also say Morris played a pretty darn good game. Made many plays, was responsible for mirroring Colter on the 3rd down Oakland D, appeared decent in coverage too. It was definitely nice to see after the previous week (OSU shredding us).

I'd say KirFer was more aggressive on offense tho. Going for it on multiple fourth downs, was going to go for it instead of punting from the 41 (ended up punting, downed on the 1yd line). Aggressive play calling just before the half and at the end of regulation (even going for it on 4th down for the win!). And throwing on the first play in OT. Very un-KirFer like.

Nebraska...end of story...one of the more enjoyable games I have watched recently...The Huskers are so smug...and they were never even in that game.

We destroyed them and I loved every second of it. A little slice of humble pie served up hawkeye style.

I respectfully disagree with the aggressiveness on D., but I'd also say Morris played a pretty darn good game. Made many plays, was responsible for mirroring Colter on the 3rd down Oakland D, appeared decent in coverage too. It was definitely nice to see after the previous week (OSU shredding us).

I'd say KirFer was more aggressive on offense tho. Going for it on multiple fourth downs, was going to go for it instead of punting from the 41 (ended up punting, downed on the 1yd line). Aggressive play calling just before the half and at the end of regulation (even going for it on 4th down for the win!). And throwing on the first play in OT. Very un-KirFer like.

Oh yeah, you're right. We pushed them around no problem on offense on that first drive and then decided to show our versatility and put the offense in park for the rest of the game by going to the stagnant aerial attack.

Oh yeah, you're right. We pushed them around no problem on offense on that first drive and then decided to show our versatility and put the offense in park for the rest of the game by going to the stagnant aerial attack.

I'm not saying the offense was a juggernaut. In fact after the first quarter it didn't too much. We'd pick up a couple 1st downs and then punt. But it wasn't the ol run, run, PA pass, punt. And KirFer was definitely letting it roll a little but looser than normal.

I've been cracking open the vault from last season. The other day I rewatched minny from last year.

Tonight the game dejour is the Wisky game. Oh soooooo many missed/wasted opportunities. The D played so well, I wish we could've gotten the W in this one.

Latest posts