Football dilemma

Eda

So major dilemma:
Every season I DVR the football games to help survive the long offseason. With bball done and the spring just getting kicked up; I'm having trouble deciding which game from 2013 to watch. I'm leaning towards the Iowa/ISU game (because a good dismantling of teh cyclowns is always nice); but I was curious if anyone else had a fav they'd start with.

So major dilemma:
Every season I DVR the football games to help survive the long offseason. With bball done and the spring just getting kicked up; I'm having trouble deciding which game from 2013 to watch. I'm leaning towards the Iowa/ISU game (because a good dismantling of teh cyclowns is always nice); but I was curious if anyone else had a fav they'd start with.

Nebraska. Always fun to watch Pelini go ape ****.

I would watch the wins in this order:
1. Nebraska
2. ISU
3. Minnesota
4. Michigan
5. Purdue
6. Western Michigan
7. Missouri State
8. Northwestern

Now your getting me all fired up for football. Those hits on the qb and running back for nebby were fantastic! I think I'm going to watch it again tonight.

I also DVR the games. I enjoyed the man-handling of Minny. I have yet to rewatch any game we lost. Just takes up space on my DVR. lol

I would re watch the Bowl while sticking my finger in a light socket and put out cigarettes on my arms.

1. Nebraska
2. ISU
3. Minnesota
4. Michigan
5. Purdue
6. Western Michigan
7. Missouri State
8. Northwestern

NW at #8? Interesting. With the Way they won, I would think they'd be higher. Like say around Michigan. The stadium was electric during OT. Other than that... Good list.

Nebby to watch weisman forearm shivver 3 defenders on the way to the endzone, and about 100 other great plays.

Michigan because it was a great comeback victory and because it was Michigan,

And northwestern because they have been a gnat in our soup the last 7 years

1. Nebraska
2. ISU
3. Minnesota
4. Michigan
5. Purdue
6. Western Michigan
7. Missouri State
8. Northwestern

I think my order would be:
1. Michigan- what a come back, Muck Fichigan
2. Northwestern- once again what a finish
3. ISU- because beating the Cyclones is always fun to watch
4. Nebraska- We whipped them and I loved it, I loved it, I loved it
5. Minnesota- Watching Powell fly down the field untouched is impressive
6. Purdue- Conference game, Canzeri breaks loose and KF wakes up a little bit
Tied for 7th Missouri St or Western Michigan...one of these games Lowery goes nuts, as does KMM.

I think my order would be:
1. Michigan- what a come back, Muck Fichigan
2. Northwestern- once again what a finish
3. ISU- because beating the Cyclones is always fun to watch
4. Nebraska- We whipped them and I loved it, I loved it, I loved it
5. Minnesota- Watching Powell fly down the field untouched is impressive
6. Purdue- Conference game, Canzeri breaks loose and KF wakes up a little bit
Tied for 7th Missouri St or Western Michigan...one of these games Lowery goes nuts, as does KMM.

This matches my list exactly. Kurt finally taking down Northwestern in a close game (granted they practically handed it to us with that Vitale chop block) was absolutely huge.

This matches my list exactly. Kurt finally taking down Northwestern in a close game (granted they practically handed it to us with that Vitale chop block) was absolutely huge.

Northwestern, just to see Louis Trinca Pasat plant Colter on the final play, and to watch Chris Doyle high step out on to the field for a jump-hip-check with a hawk player. Incredibly satisfying finish!

Northwestern, just to see Louis Trinca Pasat plant Colter on the final play, and to watch Chris Doyle high step out on to the field for a jump-hip-check with a hawk player. Incredibly satisfying finish!
It was just the usual Northwestern frustration that day - Hawks scored some, moved the ball a little, but NU made the D look like swiss cheese at inopportune times (granted Colter played almost every snap and didn't treat us to the usual recipe of dink and dunk passing all day). NU driving to win it. But then the chop block. Man, it was just a mental mistake NU never makes against Iowa and they opened the door an inch and we kicked that thing down. And it came down to the last play. Awesome game. Gotta put Michigan above it just because it's Michigan and that opening second half TD was so awesome. Man, it was 18 degrees at kickoff that day and I think back on that day as the official start of a horrific winter (that is still going on here in Chicago). Ugh.

And I hate to admit it, but I re-upped my tix at Northwestern again. Great home schedule this year with Michigan, Wisconsin and Nebraska in town (plus Illinois, meh). Non-con has Cal and Notre Dame (road game) and there is a return Notre Dame game in 2018. If I keep my tix until that return Notre Dame game, I could make a small fortune on the resale market. Plus, Northwestern has Stanford coming next year. I don't want to knock Iowa-Pitt and NU has had its share of cupcake non-con schedules, but NU has taken some steps to get some decent non-con games scheduled in connection with their broader marketing program. Given Ferentz's proclivities to drop a minimum of one game every September, it would be nice to lose that game to a decent BCS team rather than a MAC team.

And I hate to admit it, but I re-upped my tix at Northwestern again. Great home schedule this year with Michigan, Wisconsin and Nebraska in town (plus Illinois, meh). Non-con has Cal and Notre Dame (road game) and there is a return Notre Dame game in 2018. If I keep my tix until that return Notre Dame game, I could make a small fortune on the resale market. Plus, Northwestern has Stanford coming next year. I don't want to knock Iowa-Pitt and NU has had its share of cupcake non-con schedules, but NU has taken some steps to get some decent non-con games scheduled in connection with their broader marketing program. Given Ferentz's proclivities to drop a minimum of one game every September, it would be nice to lose that game to a decent BCS team rather than a MAC team.

I don't know about buying into that program...it appears it's heading back to the 1970's era NW days. To think they were a top ten team before losing all those games last year. At least in our 4-8 season, no one was expecting us to be world beaters and Ferentz sure wasn't playing up the team like Fitz was. That was an Epic fail by the mildcats last year. I'm not sure I'd spend any money on a program on a downward spiral. Losing Colter is only going to hurt more. Now they have guy sitting back there that can't outrun Carl Davis. Not good.

I don't know about buying into that program...it appears it's heading back to the 1970's era NW days. To think they were a top ten team before losing all those games last year. At least in our 4-8 season, no one was expecting us to be world beaters and Ferentz sure wasn't playing up the team like Fitz was. That was an Epic fail by the mildcats last year. I'm not sure I'd spend any money on a program on a downward spiral. Losing Colter is only going to hurt more. Now they have guy sitting back there that can't outrun Carl Davis. Not good.[/QUOTE

Not to mention, why feed the new union forming at NW? Unless, of course, they can give some insight into where Jimmy Hoffa is buried, since HoffaHawk isn't the real Jimmy Hoffa.

I think after watching the winning games you should go ahead and watch the losing ones...all in a row. Just to keep reality in check.

Latest posts