Football coaching brainstorm for true Hawk fans (and TrueHawk)

okeefe4prez

I get that a big chunk of you guys are upset at Ferentz/KOK/Erb/whoever else right now, but I think Ferentz's tenure taken as a whole has been pretty dang impressive when you consider in-state talent, geography and competition from another in-state BCS rival for a very skinny talent pool. Notwithstanding the final few years, I think Fry's run was also pretty dang good, all things considered (especially when considering the futility of Iowa football before Fry came). Have the Hawks lost games they maybe should have won? Yes, but they have also pulled games out of their butts they had no business winning and as someone says, "that's football."

Without turning this into a complaintfest against our current coaching staff, salaries or recent attrition, let's think about the following questions:

1) What programs have had approximately 30 consecutive years of coaches the caliber of Ferentz and Fry?

2) What programs have hired back to back coaches who are great fits for their program?

3) When the day comes to replace Ferentz, how many programs have hit on three high quality coaches in a row?

I get that a big chunk of you guys are upset at Ferentz/KOK/Erb/whoever else right now, but I think Ferentz's tenure taken as a whole has been pretty dang impressive when you consider in-state talent, geography and competition from another in-state BCS rival for a very skinny talent pool. Notwithstanding the final few years, I think Fry's run was also pretty dang good, all things considered (especially when considering the futility of Iowa football before Fry came). Have the Hawks lost games they maybe should have won? Yes, but they have also pulled games out of their butts they had no business winning and as someone says, "that's football."

Without turning this into a complaintfest against our current coaching staff, salaries or recent attrition, let's think about the following questions:

1) What programs have had approximately 30 consecutive years of coaches the caliber of Ferentz and Fry?

2) What programs have hired back to back coaches who are great fits for their program?

3) When the day comes to replace Ferentz, how many programs have hit on three high quality coaches in a row?

I love quizes..

Answers:

1) Northwestern
2) Northwestern
3) Northwestern

How did I do?

First of all why was I singled out. And second of all I can't think of anyone that has been as lucky as us with coaching staff. Other teams have done better than us over 30 years but those teams are filled with 5star talent.

First of all why was I singled out. And second of all I can't think of anyone that has been as lucky as us with coaching staff. Other teams have done better than us over 30 years but those teams are filled with 5star talent.

I singled you out because I used "true Hawk fans" in the title and needed to give you a shout out. I agree with your point, though.

[quotie=truehawk;672860]First of all why was I singled out. And second of all I can't think of anyone that has been as lucky as us with coaching staff. Other teams have done better than us over 30 years but those teams are filled with 5star talent.
I singled you out because I used "true Hawk fans" in the title and needed to give you a shout out. I agree with your point, though.[/QUOTE]Oh, all is well then.

Used the word "dang" three times.

Full support of Kirk.

Referred to other teams' success over the last 10 years compared to Iowa.

This sounds like Jon Miller. Had you used the word "folks" a few times it would have been spot on.

Used the word "dang" three times.

Full support of Kirk.

Referred to other teams' success over the last 10 years compared to Iowa.

This sounds like Jon Miller. Had you used the word "folks" a few times it would have been spot on.

I give this reply a 9.5 out of 10.

These should be standard issue at Iowa Football:

black-leather-male-chastity-belt-3-options--498-p.jpg

Latest posts