Food for thought for those wanting to fire Kirk

Like I said all year to the pitchfork and torch holders, be careful what you wish for. KF can get pretty much any job he wants if he left and we would get some noob and all of you haters would wish KF was back just like you were all wanting KOK back. I agree with getting GD out of town however :).

Like I said all year to the pitchfork and torch holders, be careful what you wish for. KF can get pretty much any job he wants if he left and we would get some noob and all of you haters would wish KF was back just like you were all wanting KOK back. I agree with getting GD out of town however :).
Disagree.

Sure that is a possibility, but it plays both ways. Ask ISU about Chizik and Paul Rhoads, heck look at Lickliter and Fran. Coaching changes are a gamble, can't lose what you don't put in the pot, but you sure as hell can't win much either. It's a risk/reward, like Ferentz's style, the less risk the past three years, less reward, way, way less.

Me personally, I wouldn't mind a change as along as his replacement (depending on style of play he brings in), gets a fair shake. Getting in his players and instilling his style and culture at the school and in the program. Problem with the ones who don't pan out are the guys who who only get a couple years and they are completely changing the style or culture of the program. Gotta get the kids already in the program to buy into the program or it will take even longer to be successful. I truly believe the players in this program believe in Ferentz, his style and themselves. They just don't seem to have the talent and the schemes don't seem to work either with that talent level or against the competition and it was an easy schedule.

Rock-solid post, Dave.

I'm sick of your ******* negativity. If you don't lime where this program is heading then go root for someone else, we don't need you. A real fan cheers harder when his team is losing and he never looses faith no matter bow dire things look. Why don't you go root for the CYCLONS you assbag!

like alot of you like to cherry pick
going from 2008-2011 Iowa is 35W-17L for a 67% winning percentage
that show a program having its up and downs, 2 bad years, then 3 good years, then 2 bad years then 4 good years, and now they had a really bad year

And next year they are realistically looking down the barrel of a bad 1-11 or 2-10 season, with a poor recruiting class to follow. With a $4 Mil coach, that will play well on the BIG and national scene.

Iowa football needs a major shake up. It all starts at the top. Despite the beliefs of the cool aid drinkers, there are better coaches out there than KF.

A coach in his 14th year making $4 million with a 5th year QB who goes 4-8 is "some noob!"

Even when we had bad years there seemed to be some kind of light at the end of the tunnel. I am having a hard time seeing this one. A ok Oline and some solid RBs return (who will get hurt or leave...no doubt), our defense will be ok also, good LBs... Thats about all the positivity I have. New coach come new optimism, but does not mean a better team.

I'm sick of your ******* negativity. If you don't lime where this program is heading then go root for someone else, we don't need you. A real fan cheers harder when his team is losing and he never looses faith no matter bow dire things look. Why don't you go root for the CYCLONS you assbag!

Duff, I was at the Penn State game in '08 and this year as well. Ask my wife, I made her stay the whole game to cheer the Hawks on! I will always support the hawks, doesn't mean that I have to act like I think KF is going to bounce back and Iowa is going to the Rose bowl next year. I think they need to make a change, that is my opinion, I live in America land of the free and Dale Jr and hot dogs I am entitled to my opinion no matter how pointless and stupid it is. I have only left 1 game early ever, that was back in '06 when Iowa lost to Indiana on homecoming. It was my first anniversary to my wife, she looked at me and I knew better, we had to leave. Especially if I wanted to have a good night when we back back home. 7 years married and 10 together, I can make her freeze her butt off now and again for the hawks! I won't tell you the things I do for her.

nice to trash the upgrade in recruiting. 2011 top 30 class, last 3 years 15 4*'s 41 3*'s and just 5 2*'s with three of those being kickers, none of you follow recruiting, the 2005 class was rated top 10, 2007 was rated top 30, 2008 was rated 75th and 2009 was rated 63rd, all those recruiting classes were a direct result of either winning seasons or losing seasons.
2002-2004 got Iowa those 2 good recruiting classes the 2005 and 2006 down years gpot Iowa those 2 horrible classes
when you look at the results of what developed out of the 2005-2007 in a 9-4 and a 11-2 seasons,
those 2 seasons of 9-4 AND 11-2 have resulted in Iowa gettinmg that 2011 top 30 class and those 15 4*..
that's more 4*'s in a 3 year period than there has ever been in the 11 previous years,
domn't know what you are looking at but it looks pretty damn good to me

also if you want to set back Iowa back in recruiting and making it worse keep crying you might just put Iowa back to where it was in the 60's and 70's, which by the way if you do somehow run KF OFF, Ihope it happens maybe another 20 years of losing will make you appreciate what you have/had

Duff, I was at the Penn State game in '08 and this year as well. Ask my wife, I made her stay the whole game to cheer the Hawks on! I will always support the hawks, doesn't mean that I have to act like I think KF is going to bounce back and Iowa is going to the Rose bowl next year. I think they need to make a change, that is my opinion, I live in America land of the free and Dale Jr and hot dogs I am entitled to my opinion no matter how pointless and stupid it is. I have only left 1 game early ever, that was back in '06 when Iowa lost to Indiana on homecoming. It was my first anniversary to my wife, she looked at me and I knew better, we had to leave. Especially if I wanted to have a good night when we back back home. 7 years married and 10 together, I can make her freeze her butt off now and again for the hawks! I won't tell you the things I do for her.

Yeah! Duck you, FuffMan!!
Thanks for having my back, Dave. *HighFive*

Dude its totally obvious Dave is one of your Alts. I'm sick of your games man. You are such a poser. Love them or leave them Hawks #1 all the way. Go troll some other board clown fan!

nice to trash the upgrade in recruiting. 2011 top 30 class, last 3 years 15 4*'s 41 3*'s and just 5 2*'s with three of those being kickers, none of you follow recruiting, the 2005 class was rated top 10, 2007 was rated top 30, 2008 was rated 75th and 2009 was rated 63rd, all those recruiting classes were a direct result of either winning seasons or losing seasons.
2002-2004 got Iowa those 2 good recruiting classes the 2005 and 2006 down years gpot Iowa those 2 horrible classes
when you look at the results of what developed out of the 2005-2007 in a 9-4 and a 11-2 seasons,
those 2 seasons of 9-4 AND 11-2 have resulted in Iowa gettinmg that 2011 top 30 class and those 15 4*..
that's more 4*'s in a 3 year period than there has ever been in the 11 previous years,
domn't know what you are looking at but it looks pretty damn good to me

I applaud your optimism about the recruiting, you can feel that good about that, go right ahead that is your right. I follow recruiting but it doesn't mean anything until those players hit the field. Lets not forget CJF is one of the best recruits in the past few years and it has taken 3 full years to see him play to his ability and he still drops passes that hit him in the hands, plus he gets tackled by the first defender. I agree that recruiting solely on rankings has been better than the '06-'08 years but if that talent doesn't transition to the next level, its worth nothing. Given those stars are assessed by scouts who believe the player will transition to a D1 program and that the player fits the style. Iowa's problem is they try to take players who played different positions (some who have never played those positions before ever and try to make them work). Yes, sometimes it pays off (DJK was a QB, same with McNutt) but then you have the problem that alot of kids don't have the maturity for a few years (see Pat Angerer), or maybe they get injured (see Jordan Bernstine). Seems like the top talent in Iowa's past recruiting classes don't seem to pan out the way many people hope they would especially the coaching staff. I follow Allen Treui, Todd Worly, Rob Howe, Tom Kakert on Twitter, I read their websites, I watch highlight films I follow recruiting. I don't get caught up in hype anymore like I used to and you seem to be stuck in right now.

Hype and promise is all fine and dandy but doesn't mean jack squat until they play on the field and the coaching staff has to put them in the right position to be successful and I have lost hope that this staff can do that.

Risk versus reward. Is the risk of getting rid of KF worth the potential reward? Dunno. I stay with Kirk for next year and take it year by year from here on out.

also if you want to set back Iowa back in recruiting and making it worse keep crying you might just put Iowa back to where it was in the 60's and 70's, which by the way if you do somehow run KF OFF, Ihope it happens maybe another 20 years of losing will make you appreciate what you have/had

Great fan. Hoping for 20 years of losing. Go over to Ames, rick.

Dude its totally obvious Dave is one of your Alts. I'm sick of your games man. You are such a poser. Love them or leave them Hawks #1 all the way. Go troll some other board clown fan!

What happened to the old Duffman, the one who used to talk about Mrs. Duffman and all your crazy nonsense, I miss the good ole days. Losing makes people crazy and not in a good way. Soon the world will be consumed by angry Iowa fans on bath salts!

My a55 is your alt, tavern hokk. You probably went somewhere like drake or loras.
Now go get your shine box. And change my SIM card while you're at it.
I bleed Black & Gold, d!ck. "Back In Black" was the song my wife and I played when we entered the hall after getting married.

What happened to the old Duffman, the one who used to talk about Mrs. Duffman and all your crazy nonsense, I miss the good ole days. Losing makes people crazy and not in a good way. Soon the world will be consumed by angry Iowa fans on bath salts!

Yeah WTF Derpuff? You used to be all SmartPhone(TM) this and deer testes that, but now you're just all aggro Ferentz Fan.
Don't you know??

I tend to personally lean a little more towards the support of Ferentz, probably a bad choice, but oh well.. In that sense, the support of Kirk, I share a few opinions with Duff but I just have to say, I like this Dave fella.. Seems like a real straight shooter. Keep posting here Dave, I'll talk to the commitee about subbing you in for Herby or olddude.. Anyone seen OK4P recently?

Latest posts