Fleming now getting first team reps

Don't really care about how kids sound on twitter, so back to the topic at hand.....

If Reese is getting first team reps, I assume that means one of two things:

1. KMM is either hurt or isn't performing well, so Reese took his spot in the two-wide sets.

2. We're running mostly 3 wide/1 back sets and Reese is getting the first team reps as either the 2nd or 3rd receiver.

Don't really care about how kids sound on twitter, so back to the topic at hand.....

If Reese is getting first team reps, I assume that means one of two things:

1. KMM is either hurt or isn't performing well, so Reese took his spot in the two-wide sets.

2. We're running mostly 3 wide/1 back sets and Reese is getting the first team reps as either the 2nd or 3rd receiver.

Could also mean that there are specific packages they want want to use him in so he is getting reps on those packages.

This makes me wonder if there was more behind Kirk's comments yesterday about the receivers being a pain point and needing to step up.

Could also mean that there are specific packages they want want to use him in so he is getting reps on those packages.

That could certainly be it, but I don't know that he'd be as excited about getting a few packages for him than he would moving up as a first team receiver.

We'll just have to wait another 16 days to find out! :D

I think those comments he made were directed towards spring practices and not fall camp....could be wrong though.

That could certainly be it, but I don't know that he'd be as excited about getting a few packages for him than he would moving up as a first team receiver.

We'll just have to wait another 16 days to find out! :D

Yeah, either way I am encouraged that he is going to play because he has big play potential.

In listening to Kirk's interview yesterday, he stated that KMM has looked very good in camp so I don't think he's in danger of losing his spot. I'm guessing the 3 wide set is likely what they're practicing. Reese has had Davis's attention since he got here and I'm sure they'd at least like see how he runs with the 1's. At Kids Day Keenan said Shumpert is their no. 3, but Davis did say he could need up 6 receivers in a game. If Reese is more talented than somebody in front of him, I would hope Reese would get to play. Play the best talent regardless of age, imo.

Reese is fast, Davis likes fast. KF has shown he plays alot FR. Davis has too. The days of saving kids with a RS are over. DL/OL is/always will be hard for True FR to contribute though. WR/RB/DB/KR is where FR have the best chance to play right away any given yr.

Also, T. Smith shines on Saturday at WR and he's Fr.

A lot the language the old Hawkeye fan base are going to have to adjust might be like 5 wr with catches every game. Might use three rb's per game. I old staff was leaver to beaver we have made it to different strokes. Dynamite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It probably depends on the formation and the down and distance. I would guess Flemming is rotating in with KMM. I would hope the situation isn't so poor that he's rotating in at the wideout spot with Davis and Shumpert. He's pretty small for that position. His size and ability fit in much better as a slot receiver. I've also heard Hillyer has looked pretty good so hopefully he'll back-up Shumpert and Davis instead of Flemming.

Either way it's good news the coaches think highly enough of him to elevate him in the depth chart.

It probably depends on the formation and the down and distance. I would guess Flemming is rotating in with KMM. I would hope the situation isn't so poor that he's rotating in at the wideout spot with Davis and Shumpert. He's pretty small for that position. His size and ability fit in much better as a slot receiver. I've also heard Hillyer has looked pretty good so hopefully he'll back-up Shumpert and Davis instead of Flemming.

Either way it's good news the coaches think highly enough of him to elevate him in the depth chart.

DJK was all of 5'11" and he did okay out there....

Latest posts