Five '18 Recruits Who Could Help Hawkeyes Right Away

I hope Geil doesn't have to burn his RS. Sure be nice if Bryon and Toks can be enough to backup the other two. But rarely is 4 enough these days

Those two LBs I bet will be out there on special teams. But Iowa has a handful of upper classman. Just remains to be seen if they can hold off the newbies for the starting spots. Camp should be a battle there and at DB.

Picking the Ragaini kid is interesting as he's just one of the guys I've read up the least on. I can't say I know enough about him yet. I would have leaned towards the Tracy kid as far as a WR goes but anyones guess is as good as mine there.

There's two guys I would add that I think will no doubt about it be on the field and that's Nixon and Craddieth. Maybe not starting but they'll play. Nixon would have played last yr and DT was more crowded then it will be this year.

I liked the note on Nixon because I think he is definitely going to contribute and adds another big body in the middle. He's going to be a handful. We need speed at the WR position, so hopefully someone shows up who can stretch the defense and force safeties to play us more honest. Anyone who can beat one on one matchups should be playing on the outside...even if the blocking isn't ready for the B10 yet. Forcing safeties to protect the outside deep coverage is going to have Fant and Hockenson running free in the middle of the field.

Can you imagine what a breakthrough WR with Speed could do for our TEs? Fant against a LB is a mismatch of epic proportions.

I have a hard time believing any true freshman LB could make much of an impact outside of special teams. I'd give Doyle the advantage over McDonald just due to being around the program for so long and probably having a more finely tuned training program...

I’d love to see Dallas make a run at the starting safety spot. I know there is some experience there so probably unlikely.

Could you imagine a secondary of (Hankins, DJ, Hooker, Dallas, and Manny/OJ)? That’d be nice.

I’d love to see Dallas make a run at the starting safety spot. I know there is some experience there so probably unlikely.

Could you imagine a secondary of (Hankins, DJ, Hooker, Dallas, and Manny/OJ)? That’d be nice.

You didn't even mention Stone...and Brents seems interesting. Heck, Snyder is still around if he gets healthy. Should be fun.

The coaches value intellect at the LB position more than athletic abilities. For that reason alone I think Doyle will be a starter somewhere down the line in this season. He played ridiculously well in HS, has no doubt been getting information fed to him by his dad, and is already enrolled so he can learn even more in spring practice. I can guarantee he will be the next 4 year starter for our program.

Latest posts