First Touchdown for Iowa this year...

clim33

How much time into the 1st game will Iowa score and how will they do it? What is your prediction?

I say with 11:33 left in the first quarter we score as Stanzi hits McNutt in the corner of the endzone from 17 yards out. "TOUCHDOWN IOWA" says the Radio as I watch it on B-10 network.

What is your guess?

First drive:
DJK fields it at the 2, 27 yard KO return, 1st & 10--Iowa 29
Robinson Run, 12, 1st & 10--Iowa 41
Stanzi to DJK, 21, 1st & 10--EIU 38
Robinson Run, 5, 2nd and 5--EIU 33
Robinson Run, 7, 1st & 10--EIU 26
Stanzi to Davis, 26, Touchdown--11:38, 1st Quarter

Tweeter I don't think Ricky will have that issue so much this year so ..........BEFORE!!

Jumper I really like the way you did the drive. I will give it a shot too.

Wegher returns kickoff 30 yard to 37 yd line
A ROB run off tackle left 11 yards to 48 yd line
Stanzi to Reisner for 12 yds to 40 yd line
A ROB for 7 yards to 33 yd line
A ROB for 6 yards to 27 yd line
Stanzi to DJK for 10 yards to 17 yd line
Stanzi hits McNutt in the corner of the endzone from 17 yards out. "TOUCHDOWN IOWA" says the Radio as I watch it on B-10 network.

Last edited:
After a few running plays with a couple short passes mixed in... DJK gets behind the D and takes it to the house...a 45-50 yard play with 12:38 left in the first quarter.

I expect they will run, run, run, run, to let the new line warm up by firing out instead of having to read blitzes. I even expect them to run against 8 in the box. Need to let these guys just get off the ball for awhile before they have to do too much thinking.

Don't see a long pass play as likely. Maybe a quick 3 step drop, but they will protect Stanzi for a while before opening him up to a potential failed blitz pick-up.

I expect they will run, run, run, run, to let the new line warm up by firing out instead of having to read blitzes. I even expect them to run against 8 in the box. Need to let these guys just get off the ball for awhile before they have to do too much thinking.

Don't see a long pass play as likely. Maybe a quick 3 step drop, but they will protect Stanzi for a while before opening him up to a potential failed blitz pick-up.

This.

They will need to learn to work together early this season if we are going to have any shot at a B10 title

on the iowa 47 yard line, 1st and 10, WR Reverse-Pass, Mcnutt hits a wide open Stanzi who makes the one handed catch while diving into the endzone

I say with 11:33 left in the first quarter we score as Stanzi hits McNutt in the corner of the endzone from 17 yards out. "TOUCHDOWN IOWA" says the Radio as I watch it on B-10 network.

What is your guess?

That is exactly what is going to happen! I had Big Money Marvin or Jewel racing to the corner. Jewel pretty much ended that idea last night!!! What a da...

Latest posts