First steps to fixing the problem

FoolishFellow

1. Fire GD.
2. Start CJB.

2nd year starters should not be throwing pick sixes during crucial moments of the game. 2nd year starters should not lose against ISU. 2nd year starters should not throw 5 yard passes with less than a minute left and down by a touchdown in the 4th quarter.

Another point to remember... With Rudock starting Iowa lost 14-26 at Michigan State last year, and 9-28 against Wisconsin. Additionally, Iowa looked awful in the bowl game against LSU, and the 14-21 score is somewhat misleading in this case. The bowl game was awful and we were completely outmatched.

Let GD go and give Phil Parker a raise (our D struggled today yes, but overall Parker has done his job). Hire a cheap up-and-comer offensive coordinator. Or just let Brian Ferentz become the OC, but don't give him an expensive contract until he does something to deserve it.

Long term issues:

Ferentz needs to be on a short leash, and definitely doesn't deserve the salary that he currently makes... that being said, I don't think we should rush in to firing him.

Fire Gary Barta, this will need to happen sooner or later... but I don't think it will happen within the next year or two.

The problem is Ferentz. He's the one who decides who's on his staff and who is the QB.

Also if you look at our special teams issues (kicking, punting, onside kicks, punt returns), Iowa made a coaching change there and it isn't better.

Again it's the guy at the top. Things won't change until that guy is gone. I love what Ferentz has done at Iowa for the most part but this program is stale. Don't say 5-2 is good right now because Iowa has a very easy schedule and has been outplayed and out coached in nearly every game.

With a coach making 3 million a year and this far into his tenure Iowa shouldn't be losing the way they are.

Until Kirk rides into the sunset its going to always be the same ol same ol...

We will see what the rest of the year brings but if he can't capitalize on this cupcake schedule he needs to go play some golf.

You dont fix the OC problem when kirk hadcuffs OC's.

Yes. This is a Ferentz problem. Anybody who would be silly enough to be fooled by using Davis as a scapegoat is a blind sheep and we'll just continue to see this continue for the coming years.

Until Kirk rides into the sunset its going to always be the same ol same ol...

We will see what the rest of the year brings but if he can't capitalize on this cupcake schedule he needs to go play some golf.

Anything less than winning the West division is a loss in my book. This is the easiest schedule that I've seen in a very long time. Obviously a playoff birth was always unrealistic, but we should realistically be able to win the west division. Now we gotta hope that NW upsets Nebby later tonight.

And special teams.....they hurt us today to with fumbled punt and letting the ball roll into the endzone and not doing a better job of pinning Maryland deep. Turnover really hurt, getting beat on D on the edges hurt, poor tackling on the QB...check, stupid penalties on face-masks...check, Jake throwing the check down over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.....check, going away from Weisman again....check, Basically Check down....check.......

No if you really want to fix the problem fire the Barta. Once that happens, everything else will take care of itself. New AD will bring in his guy to coach the team. Ferentz will be gone.

Well this is a blast from the past. I feel like I was 75% right about this, which makes me 100% more right than the vast majority of people who post here.

I love these old threads. They are like a case study. I'll freely admit to never seeing this year coming, not even close.

2012-2014 "KF absolutely has to go, game has passed him by"

2015 - B1G COY. Possibly National COY.

Most of us don't know shite.

Latest posts