First reaction

HawkfaninWA

Michigan tried really hard to help us win and Iowa tried really hard to let it slip away. Glad to have the W, but can we just put them away?

Yeah, it was one of those games where I was thinking "Of course, we have to make it close". Still, we got the W, and I'm relieved.

I was starting to think 2002 PSU all over again, to be honest.

Michigan tried really hard to help us win and Iowa tried really hard to let it slip away. Glad to have the W, but can we just put them away?
I am sure glad Meyers made that FG. I still say special teams (punt & FG) Donahue has had a few whiffs making it look like my short game in golf.

Extra points on atleast twice were hooking the left side...making me a bit uncomfortable on that 30 FG, but Meyers did a nice job under the circumstances.

I say when we play NW that we might need to go to the 3-4 DEF...I do not like teams moving down field easily & if we get pressure with the 3 upfront like we did late in the game it should help in the middle stuff.

Thank goodness we had the INTs & fumble recovery.

I am sure glad Meyers made that FG. I still say special teams (punt & FG) Donahue has had a few whiffs making it look like my short game in golf.

Extra points on atleast twice were hooking the left side...making me a bit uncomfortable on that 30 FG, but Meyers did a nice job under the circumstances.

I say when we play NW that we might need to go to the 3-4 DEF...I do not like teams moving down field easily & if we get pressure with the 3 upfront like we did late in the game it should help in the middle stuff.

Thank goodness we had the INTs & fumble recovery.

Not a snow ball's chance in he!!. When Iowa did this at the end of the game Michigan was forced to throw. Iowa does what it does and it will work. Next up Wisconsin. Gonna need all the big guys up front to play well.

I don't think anyone, including Iowa's secondary would have expected Forcier to do what he did. Kudos to him for coming in on a whim and really playing well.

Iowa was definitely content with running conservative and in the end, it worked out.

I don't think anyone, including Iowa's secondary would have expected Forcier to do what he did. Kudos to him for coming in on a whim and really playing well.

Iowa was definitely content with running conservative and in the end, it worked out.

I think Michigan is a better team with Forcier in the line-up, and Shoelace coming in to mix things up.

I think that KOK should win the "not recognizing what is working offensively" award for the day.

We had to be averaging 10-15 yards per play when we passed on first down....yet for some odd reason, when we had the chance to put the game away in the 3rd quarter, with a 5th years SR at QB, who is third in the nation in passing efficiency, we decide to call run plays on first downs against 9 man fronts.....oh, I forgot to mention that Michigan is the worst passing defense in the country with two freshmen starting at corner.

That was a clinic by KOK on how not to finish a game off.

I think Michigan is a better team with Forcier in the line-up, and Shoelace coming in to mix things up.
Well, it will be interesting if there is a QB controversy now. Michigan has a bye week now, so there's 2 weeks for this to stew on the subject.

I think that KOK should win the "not recognizing what is working offensively" award for the day.

We had to be averaging 10-15 yards per play when we passed on first down....yet for some odd reason, when we had the chance to put the game away in the 3rd quarter, with a 5th years SR at QB, who is third in the nation in passing efficiency, we decide to call run plays on first downs against 9 man fronts.....oh, I forgot to mention that Michigan is the worst passing defense in the country with two freshmen starting at corner.

LOL talk about never being satisfied, holy cow.

That was a clinic on how to be a troll.

I give the defense a pass for what happened in the 4th quarter for the following reasons:

1. We schemed against a running QB for two weeks....there is no way we could have anticipated what would have happened if Forcier came in.....Forcier had a lot of passing success, but we also didn't scheme for him.

2. Our D was gassed...The UM offense ran over 80 plays....EIGHTY PLAYS. Our D was really tired coming off a bye week....I'm not sure they were ready for that kind of a workload.

However, a couple of things that I cannot excuse:

- Micah Hyde and Shaun Prater got beat deep on MULTIPLE plays. That is very concerning....we need to get the shored up immediately.

- This has to be the most poor tackling Iowa football team I've seen in the Ferentz area....these guys need to get back to the fundamentals and improve on their tackling....we gave up a lot of extra yards today because we didn't make initial tackles like we should have.

LOL talk about never being satisfied, holy cow.

Never being satisfied? We lost a 21 point 3rd quarter lead....there is absolutely NO reason whatsoever that UM was ever in a position to win that game. How can you be satisfied ******* away a 21 point 4th quarter lead?

How satisfied would you have been if we would of lost that game? If that game would have been called correctly Michigan would have never been in a position to tie it late.

I think people need to start RECOGNIZING that what Iowa does offensively still goes through KF. KOK has certain liberties but KF is in charge and sets the plan on offensively.

Never being satisfied? We lost a 21 point 3rd quarter lead....there is absolutely NO reason whatsoever that UM was ever in a position to win that game. How can you be satisfied ******* away a 21 point 4th quarter lead?

How satisfied would you have been if we would of lost that game? If that game would have been called correctly Michigan would have never been in a position to tie it late.

And if we had kept passing the ball like we had been and threw a pick, you would have been biothcing about not running the ball to control the game.

Yes, i am satisfied. We won! Football is not a beauty contest, we had a few plays where the execution was terrible. We spent 2 weeks preparing for an entirely different QB and Forcier and his WRs made some plays late where we blew execution. I dont really play the "what if" game, hypothetical situations are worthless. Enjoy the win!

I think people need to start RECOGNIZING that what Iowa does offensively still goes through KF. KOK has certain liberties but KF is in charge and sets the plan on offensively.

Real fans that follow Iowa know this already, but some keep bringing it up. Those that do, clearly don't have a clue.

Real fans that follow Iowa know this already, but some keep bringing it up. Those that do, clearly don't have a clue.

Who called the plays on first and second down in the third quarter? KOK or KF?

The gameplan isn't "play calling"...they are two entirely different things....so you're telling me if KF tells KOK to play it close to the vest before the game, but Michigan puts 11 guys on the line of scrimmage we should just completely ignore the in game adjustment? Are you kidding me? The gameplan has to change with the in game situation...any coach that doesn't realize that isn't worth their pay check.

Heck, it is irrelevant...whoever was responsible (KOK or KF) for not realizing that UM had 9 in the box on every first down, and completely disregarding the fact that we were gaining 10+ yards on every first down throw better at least see in film this week they didn't take advantage of a big schematic advantage.

Who called the plays on first and second down in the third quarter? KOK or KF?

The gameplan isn't "play calling"...they are two entirely different things....so you're telling me if KF tells KOK to play it close to the vest before the game, but Michigan puts 11 guys on the line of scrimmage we should just completely ignore the in game adjustment? Are you kidding me? The gameplan has to change with the in game situation...any coach that doesn't realize that isn't worth their pay check.

Heck, it is irrelevant...whoever was responsible (KOK or KF) for not realizing that UM had 9 in the box on every first down, and completely disregarding the fact that we were gaining 10+ yards on every first down throw better at least see in film this week they didn't take advantage of a big schematic advantage.

Kirk. That's who decides. MOST of playcalling is a part of the game plan. Iowa, to that point, had played VERY well on defense and didn't need to force anything. Those same 8 and 9 man fronts were giving up 10-15 yard runs as well. Why not run another minute off the clock instead of taking a chance on something bad happening.

Clearly, by me and other people having to explain this to you, you don't get it.

Latest posts