Fire Fran! Fire him now!

I was someone that dismissed the loss of Jok and Williams. They were bigger than I thought. Jok made a lot of players look better. Some players just haven't panned out and the loss of Conner and Baer is more than this team could handle. We are simple going to have to wait for Baer to get back to playing shape and hopefully Conner to return. The good thing is Nudge will continue to develop and Dailey is showing serious game. This will be a rebuilding year. Get over it!
By the way, I Loved Mr. Davis basketball, if it wasn't the crap luck of playing Duke and several eventual champions early in the tourney several years in a row, Tom would have had a much better Tourney record.

Rebuilding? Again? And rebuilding from what? Our NIT team? Boy, sucks having to rebuild from an NIT year.

I agree but what choice do we have? We are not a program that fires a coach mid-season. Or fires a coach that has two top 50 players coming in the next two years. I don't have the answers. Five starters soph. or younger. Patience is a virtue.

Agree Fran has had plenty of time to find good guards but he won't or refuses to and we get stuck with sg trying to handle the ball who are not quick enough to do anything...
Fran has tried to get a decent point guard, but when they picked some other team, he brought the best available player not the next best available point guard. That's why we have 6 shooting guards on the team.

Fran has tried to get a decent point guard, but when they picked some other team, he brought the best available player not the next best available point guard. That's why we have 6 shooting guards on the team.

This is true. I see the logic in his thinking, but it mighy not be the best idea. In his mind, Nunge was too good to pass up, so he took him instead of a lesser talented guard. We could really use an average, fall back guard recruit right now (I'm not joking) but in a year or 2, Nunge might be really good. So I'm not sure what the right move was. All I know is he had 2 classes in a row that didn't pan out. So now we have to watch projects, who will end up good, play a ton of minutes as freshmen and sophomores.

I agree but what choice do we have? We are not a program that fires a coach mid-season. Or fires a coach that has two top 50 players coming in the next two years. I don't have the answers. Five starters soph. or younger. Patience is a virtue.

2 top fifties in the next two years is nothing. Even if you were to average out the top 50 over the top 25, that's 2 per year per top 25 team. Fran is half that. Cut him loose, you can't really do worse at Iowa.