Finkbine Golf Course-Time to arrive?

hawkcub42

This year for the Iowa State game I was planning on going there at the beginning of the season because my usual spot (Myrtle) will be full Friday night. I bought a parking pass so don't want to waste the money I spent. In past years I would just go to the Mennonite church across the street.

Anyway what time could I get away with in regard to getting a spot. If need be I was going to get there at 7 A.M. Could I get away with showing up later? Or should I line up before 7?

I know from this board and others it is more low key there but am alright with that as long as the people there are friendly enough. Any answers would be helpful. Thank you.

Last edited:
Parking lot opens at 7 a.m.
For a 2:30 game, the lot won't fill up immediately. I probably wouldn't arrive any later than 9:00 or so.

as with every home game vs ISU, Ia. City will be insane before the game, I would get there as early as possible, even for a 2:30 kick.

The concrete lot of the golf course open at 7pm Friday actually, according to the UI website. The grass part doesn't open til 7am Saturday.

I can't tell you which times are best, but if you wanted to park Friday night, you might have a better chance of getting a good spot.

Check out uifootballparking.com - that's the site I use, and if I'm reading it right, Finkbine parking in the concrete opens 7pm Friday night.

The concrete lot of the golf course open at 7pm Friday actually, according to the UI website. The grass part doesn't open til 7am Saturday.

I can't tell you which times are best, but if you wanted to park Friday night, you might have a better chance of getting a good spot.

Check out uifootballparking.com - that's the site I use, and if I'm reading it right, Finkbine parking in the concrete opens 7pm Friday night.

The surface lot for Finkbine only opens on Friday night for RV's. Cars still have to wait until morning. We got there at 7:10am last week and we were only the 6th car in the lot.

Any ideas what time you need to be there if you are parking an RV? We are planning on arriving at 7:30 AM, but I've never parked there before.

Wow - they make that very confusing then!! The website makes it sound like RV's park on the hard surfaces, but it doesn't say it's for RV's only. I'm so thankful you cleared that up, I would have never read it that way. Gosh, the UI written rules are confusing, that's a shocker! :)

So it looks like the only general lots that allow 7pm friday parking are Myrtle and Finkbine commuter. ?

49% of request for season tickets unfulfilled....ISU in town....a 2:30 kick-off. If you aren't in your spot by 7:00 you are rolling the dice. I park in a spot full of mostly season pass folks...and last game I have never seen so many people there early...and people stopping and asking about parking availability by 7:30. I expect a WILD TIME in IC Saturday.

Latest posts