Finkbine cummuter lot?

grasshawk

If i get there at 6:30 will i be able to park and find a place to park and tailgate? What time does it start to fill up ?

can anybody confirm whether there is SH parking on the south (left) side of the entrance to the commuter lot? we were on the north side of the entrance for Tech and there is no grassy areas.

If i get there at 6:30 will i be able to park and find a place to park and tailgate? What time does it start to fill up ?

Yeah, that's plenty early. I've been parking there the last couple years and I am usually there at 10/an hour before and have never had a problem. Good place to park and just walk in. they raised their price though, when I started it was 10, now it's 20.

Anyone know how early I'd have to be to get a spot in the Hall of Fame parking lot? I believe that is a free lot, correct? I am not concerned with tailgating in the parking lot, I will be going somewhere else. I just need free/cheap parking.

We have made it in for 1 game the last couple of years and have always gone to Finkbine. What are some other venues we should look at. Looking for a place I can roll in around 9 or so and do a little tailgating and throw the rock around....thanks for the help

I parked there for the first game and it was pretty packed at 7:15. I was pretty surprised how full it was because in past years I never had any trouble finding a spot. I don't know if people showed up early since it was the first game, or if the elimination of more tailgating spots are making them hover to FC.

Anyone know how early I'd have to be to get a spot in the Hall of Fame parking lot? I believe that is a free lot, correct? I am not concerned with tailgating in the parking lot, I will be going somewhere else. I just need free/cheap parking.

That lot has 200 or so parking spots, probably 10 will be occuppied. You have all day to get there. I "tailgated" there one game in 2009 and parked there one game last year. Nobody was there.

Finkbine commuter lot????? Wow you must be a fuddiedud. Who would ever want to go there? Thats where old people go to get older. You have no sense of adventure.

By the way son your brother and I will meet you there about 8.

Horn Elementary School is about a half mile directly South of Finkbine, although more difficult to get to. Only $10 to park. (We made the mistake of charging $20 for a game last year and won't do that again.)

You have to take Sunset to get into neighborhood, taking either Melrose or Benton to Sunset.

This is a good fallback option for any West side parkers. We RARELY sell out.

Horn Elementary School, Koser Avenue, Iowa City, IA - Google Maps

When I am going to tailgate elsewhere or just the game and just park I usually hit up the lot by slater hall, just behind the hospital and the field house. It has always been 10 bucks, unless they raise it of course, but you can almost always get in there right up to game time as it is an alcohol free lot and no ones goes there. I drop the car and walk to where the action is, usually a short couple of blocks. pretty quick exit too by going down by the law building to burlington and highway 1.

When I am going to tailgate elsewhere or just the game and just park I usually hit up the lot by slater hall, just behind the hospital and the field house. It has always been 10 bucks, unless they raise it of course, but you can almost always get in there right up to game time as it is an alcohol free lot and no ones goes there. I drop the car and walk to where the action is, usually a short couple of blocks. pretty quick exit too by going down by the law building to burlington and highway 1.

They took that lot away as an alcohol free lot with the new parking arrangements this season.

Finkbine Commuter was nearly full by 7:30 last game. We saved two spots for guys that showed up at 8 and were barely able to hold them til then.

I miss Myrtle.

Latest posts