Finally got em...finally beat MSU

HaydenHawk56

Pretty much a total team effort. Several players making several big plays a piece. Took advantage of having no Valentine and did what they needed to do.

Glad to see they let the fans have some fun after the game was over.

In all of hawkeye sports....bball win vs michigan state...football win vs Ohio state...the two toughest and frustrating Hawkeye hurdles....thanks boys....HUGE win.

Even though they were without valentine, to lead from start to finish vs the #1 team in the country is impressive!

Even though they were without valentine, to lead from start to finish vs the #1 team in the country is impressive!

We played without Uthoff for a lot of the game. They got burned by a walk on. They either aren't the number 1 team even with Valentine or we're pretty good. I think it's a little of both but who give a ****. WE BEAT #1!!!!!

images

I don't care if valentine was missing....

I fully expected MSU to come out with a lot more intensity in the 2nd half, which they did, but the difference between this game and so many games in the past is that Iowa continued to play well and never let MSU really ever truly threaten.

Nice job Hawks!

P.S. - I agree with the previous poster that MSU didn't really look like the best team in the country tonight, but they didn't get to 13-0 and #1 with wins over KU, Louisville, etc. by accident either, so I think Iowa also is a pretty darn good team as well.

P.P.S. - Would really love to get a win in East Lansing and end THAT particular streak, but for now, just basking in the glory of a win over #1!!

The Hawks have had these guys beat so many times over the last 10 years and let them get away or more like it sparty comes out and hacks like crazy and gets away with it to climb back into games and win.

But not this year baby, and the hawks can beat them again in a very short time.

The Hawks have had these guys beat so many times over the last 10 years and let them get away or more like it sparty comes out and hacks like crazy and gets away with it to climb back into games and win.

But not this year baby, and the hawks can beat them again in a very short time.

A win in East Lansing is a tall order indeed, but I'm glad we're playing them again sooner than later - MSU is a team I never want to play late in the season. Especially not in March.

A win in East Lansing is a tall order indeed, but I'm glad we're playing them again sooner than later - MSU is a team I never want to play late in the season. Especially not in March.

Oh, I don't know I wouldn't mind seeing a B1G championship game between Iowa and MSU. Why does that sound familiar? :)

Latest posts