3. David Zabriskie, Iowa State
4. Dom Bradley, Missouri
5. Ryan Tomei, Pittsburgh
6. Mark Ellis, Missouri
7. DJ Russo, Rutgers
8. Jarod Trice, Central Michigan
9. Ed Bordas, Rider
10. Christian Brantley, Northern Iowa

So it looks like we are getting away from seeding based on Midland results rather than head to head. At least @165 we are. Tough for Moore to score points for us, we'll get a good idea where he is at. Hopefully he missed Sentes early. Scotti is a very tough match up.
Marion will also have a tough row to hoe.

We'll definitely know where some guys are at.

He is not scoring for the Hawks but is wrestling unattached. Not sure that he is eligible by athletic department policies yet. I don't know anymore than that as to when he will be or what the hold up is.

With Joe Slaton being listed as (UN), does that mean that he will not be scoring for the Hawks?

I posted this in the thread "Midlands scorers" but I'll post it again.

10 scorers - McDonough, Moore, Marion, LeClere, Metcalf, Morningstar, Borschel, Keddy, Gambrall, and Beatty.

I like the Garnett/McD matchup at 125 and it will be a great test for Matt if they both reach the semis. It would be great to see Matt in the finals of a tourney like this to see what he can really do!

Moore will have his hands full but we won't know a ton until the brackets come out tomorrow morning. I agree that Sentes is a TERRIBLE matchup for him but I think that most of that bracket is beatable and if he has a good spot in the bracket he could do well.

141 will be a dogfight all the way through and it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. I'm just really glad that all the Iowa guys aren't on the same side. I still think that Marion wins this thing.

Metcalf should win the tourney as expected but it will be good to see how the rematch with Levalley goes if they both reach the semis. The Mason/Levalley matchup could be good in the semis too and we'll see how the kid has improved.

Kerr gets the seed based on some past results but I'm thinking that Janssen ends up on the stand instead. I'm also very intrigued to see how the young guys like Polz and Dietchler do here.

I'm not exactly sure how Reader gets the 2 seed ahead of Star but it shouldn't matter too much since they'll both be on the bottom side. I know that Reader has the win this year but MStar has better past Midlands results and owns the advantage in the career series 3-1 and placed higher at nationals. It will be interesting to see how Ryan is handling his weight coming off the holidays.

Borschel is sitting pretty here and the seeds are great for him. I would be interesting to see how Blanton could fair against him as he is a brute and had a great freshman year at 184 last year before cutting down. That said, Bennett and Letts on the other side is good and that should be a fun one for the right to face JayBo in the finals.

184 was sort of a crap shoot to seed. I thought that Phil would get a little better seed due to his past results but oh well. The top 3 seeds are all pretty equal and may the best man win. The thing that I don't like is that he could meet Miller early and that could be interesting. Hopefully Gambrall will find a good draw and win some matches early and get things rolling. Grant has been inconsistent but when he is on he is definitely good enough to make the stand!!

Beatty is probably seeded right and the Branvold matchup should be a good one! I think that he can beat him but then would have to close the gap with Varner. We'll probably get to see a Varner/Taylor rematch in the finals.

HWT is a stacked weight and it will be fun to see how it shakes out! We could be looking at Anspach vs Bradley and either Rey or Zabriskie vs Ellis in the semifinals!! I'm really hope that Rasing can get a good draw and make some strides and make his way into the top 8 anyway...

I think that they Hawks find a way to get it done but it will be a battle for sure!!

Just curious if anyone knows why it doesnt show Kerr as (UN)? That would usually make me think that he is one of the 10 scorers, but as fulsassfan points out - he isnt.

well beer I heard last night that there was some confusion about that and that Kerr should have been listed as UN and Gambrall not. I wasn't there (damn you work!!!) but it sounded pretty entertaining honestly as it was a very big deal to some but not so much to others. Regardless it sounds like an honest mistake

He is not scoring for the Hawks but is wrestling unattached. Not sure that he is eligible by athletic department policies yet. I don't know anymore than that as to when he will be or what the hold up is.

In one of the articles on the Hawkeye Articles 12-29, it mentions that Slaton is wrestling unattached awaiting the final semester grades to determine if he is eligible.

Latest posts