Final Bit of Preseason Hype: Iowa #9

Agree?

Disagree?

Just about right?

I like this slot ... we keep things going in the weekly win column and it would make for a great setup vs OSU

Buttttttttttt ..... lets beat the Clones and get the Hell out of AZ with a W and then start dreaming

100% DISAGREE.

We ended up on a roll last year, finishing #8, dominating GT. We bring back our RBs, senior QB, DL, kicking game, same coaches, decent defensive backfield talent and a not-so-bad OL which will end up being great IMO. We have more overall and deep talent on the field than at anytime in which I've watched Iowa FB, including 85 and 02.

And we slip a notch? Are you kidding me?

Programs like Nebraska and Oklahoma are ahead of us because of tradition. Even OSU is not 7 spots better than us. We had very comparable seasons last year except we lost to them at the horseshoe, in overtime, with our back-up QB. At most they are 2 or 3 spots better.

But, we didn't blow people out last year and the Big 10 is still fighting its image problem. And considering our huge question mark at O-Line, which could derail our season, I think 9 is fair.

All things considering, #9 is great, gives us a chance to compete this year. Undefeated we go to the national championship game, 1 or 2 losses and we still are in a BCS game. Lose more than that, it doesn't matter where we are ranked anyways.

And our 1007 point total sucks too....statistically clustering us in about the 6th band.

It doesn't matter

top 10 sets us up nicely if Normy's fellas bring the heat every week

we win at AU on national tv we move up ....

I like this a hellva lot more than being ranked #1 or #2

I hope VT beats the living crap out of Boise on opening weekend

I actually wish we were ranked lower, below top 15 perhaps, I like the idea of the Hawks playing with a chip on their shoulder from a no respect point of view, it will be interesting to see how this team responds to all the preseason hype. From a fan point of view this ranking of #9 is crap, but I'll take it

VT beating Boise is important for the season, but it doesn't move us up a spot unless we destroy EIU. Most likely VT jumps us while Boise drops out of top ten.

still don't get the whole wanting to be ranked lower thing but whatever. #9 means we pretty much control our own destiny on getting to a BCS game if not the NC. 15, not so much

still don't get the whole wanting to be ranked lower thing but whatever. #9 means we pretty much control our own destiny on getting to a BCS game if not the NC. 15, not so much

This is the correct answer.

I find myself agreeing with you a lot Whammer.

Arizona to me is THE KEY to this season

if we crank out a SOLID win ...... well ... "let the games begin"

Any win against Arizona will be a 'good' win. We are good, but not good enough to expect to travel to play a contender for a BCS conference title and walk away with a convincing win.

Since Pre Season polls are mainly based on last year about right. I hope Hawks have learned from past mistakes about hype means nothing and KF has always learned from mistakes so I think team will as well this year and live up too hype first time since 1985 an Iowa team will do that. Defense will keep us in everygame for sure and give us a chance to win.

Not sure what Hlas had for breakfast that day, but lay off the eggs...

Jon- Is there a net "XXXNation" voting page? I would be curious if the fan site founders have a voice and see what they vote. Might be even better if they could not vote for their own team.