Final 3 games

The ball goes where it goes, so there is no way to predict this team's future.

If I was a betting man I would go either 1-2 or 0-3. I've only seen one game that gave me hope this year, really (NW). The only chance we have is if last week was the wake up that KF and our squad needed, and something will actually change. Somehow a different approach, a new thinking within the team leadership that the team can buy (give em hope) into and execute. The same approach with extra reps will give us the same result. We are who we've become, and that is a team that can lose to a confident and hungry Illini squad, and lose to rushing teams that have watched a lot of educational filmwork from a lot of crappy Iowa games.

Gordon is overrated. Iowa has held him to 3.6 yards per carry. He only had 17 carries because he is not durable. Plus this game is at home, and he gets distracted easily by Iowa fans close to the field. Iowa fans this year need to keep on this coward and Iowa rolls past them. Iowa also finised last year 3-0. The team always gets better throughout the year they will pull this off!

I like your optimism, but I'm afraid that the premise of the KF teams getting better later in the year is somewhat misguided. If my quick math is correct; Iowa is 10-19 in the month of November since 2006. So in all actuality they get worse; at least in the last 8 years.

As the eternal optimist, I am not giving up on sweeping them.

The forecast for Champaign is not bad, in terms of wind....10 mph...38 degrees. That can work even with Jake at the helm, but CJ better get a chance. Lunt could also go off tho, so this will probably be close.

Wisky? Could be a warming trend by then which could help our passing game. ...same for Neb.

I like your optimism, but I'm afraid that the premise of the KF teams getting better later in the year is somewhat misguided. If my quick math is correct; Iowa is 10-19 in the month of November since 2006. So in all actuality they get worse; at least in the last 8 years.

Ok, guess we can throw the "KF's teams improve as the season goes on" theory out the window. Seemed like this was true prior to 2006, but not since then. Just checked the results from 2006-present, and November has actually been pretty bad with 2008 and 2013 being the only real exceptions.

The 2007 team was actually playing decent ball in November.. Until the WMU game.

We can't get our hopes up with IL. We all thought the ISU game was a gimmie. We lost.

IL has a horrible defense, but so did ISU and we scored 17...at home.

If Lunt is accurate, it will be a very tough game.

Ok, guess we can throw the "KF's teams improve as the season goes on" theory out the window. Seemed like this was true prior to 2006, but not since then. Just checked the results from 2006-present, and November has actually been pretty bad with 2008 and 2013 being the only real exceptions.

The 2007 team was actually playing decent ball in November.. Until the WMU game.

I actually got lazy and didn't go back any farther then 2006; but I figured that was a decent sample size going forward. I agree, it did seem as though the teams did improve as the year went on. I want to believe that was the case in the first 6-7 years or so. But after that, it's on a downward trend without a doubt.

We can't get our hopes up with IL. We all thought the ISU game was a gimmie. We lost.

IL has a horrible defense, but so did ISU and we scored 17...at home.

If Lunt is accurate, it will be a very tough game.

You are spot on. There are no cake walks right now. I think caulking this one up as a win is a bit premature. I hope I'm wrong; but my guy feel is it will be a dog fight.

RANKING WITHIN BIG to date

Illinois - #14 in total defense
Illiniois - #14 in rushing defense
Illinois - #13 rushing offense

Iowa - #2 in pass defense

I'm going with these particular stats to be key to an Iowa win .........Iowa 34 Illinois 17.

RANKING WITHIN BIG to date

Illinois - #14 in total defense
Illiniois - #14 in rushing defense
Illinois - #13 rushing offense

Iowa - #2 in pass defense

I'm going with these particular stats to be key to an Iowa win .........Iowa 34 Illinois 17.

Sorry, wrong thread for the one game scenario.

The sample size should at least include all years coached by the current coach. So add 2000, 2002,2003, 2004, 2005. That is 5 out of 6 years!

I actually got lazy and didn't go back any farther then 2006; but I figured that was a decent sample size going forward. I agree, it did seem as though the teams did improve as the year went on. I want to believe that was the case in the first 6-7 years or so. But after that, it's on a downward trend without a doubt.

I went back a got the entire sample from 1999 thru now. Currently Iowa is 26-27 in the month of November. 2000 thru 2005 were solid years at 16 -5. I assume that is where the premise of the KF teams improving as the year went on; in this case it is true. The overall picture is a bit different. All this really shows is that the month of November is not much different then the overall body of work by KF. A few good years but overall Iowa has been average.

The bad-gers lost to the mildcats. Iowa should be able to win the game by a large margin against the bad-gers.

Yeah but Wisconsin beat Illinois and Illinois beat Minnesota; then Minnesota destroyed Iowa. Doesn't sound too promising to me.

And Iowa is about to beat Illinois too. Also history is in Iowa's favor. This game will take place 10 years and 2 days following Iowa's 30-7 win over Wisconsin to secure a Big 10 Championship that year. 10 (years)x2(days)=20 point win on the way to the next big 10 championship.

The sad thing for me is that we are in year 16 with the same head coach, we are in year 3 of a (supposed) rebuilding cycle, are coming off an 8-4 regular season, returned most starters on offense (including the QB and a consensus NFL 1sr round LT) and 6 starters on defense, yet, we have lost 3 games on the possibly the easiest P5 schedule (where we just got humiliated on the road to an average team), we have 1 roadie left against an awful team that could likely beat us, and have no real confidence that we can win our last 2 games at home.

This could wind up being a very (potentially) most disappointed season. Only 3-0 and winning the West will save this season from being a disappointment.

I appreciate it when someone provides factual info and busts a myth.