Fill in the blanks with your predictions

6-3 (12-8) / 2-1 B1G tourney / 5 seed (maybe 4 depending on B1G tourney finish. So, 23-8 (25-9 after B1G). I do think we have a chance to go 7-2 if we can steal one at IU tonight. MD and @ WUs are the only two i'd count as probably losses.

I have 7-2 and 2-1. I think we could be a 4 but went with a 5. If we lose to Wisconsin and Maryland or Ohio State we probably finish 5th or 6th in the Big 10. We will be favored in 6 of the 7 wins. So how much traction does that get us? I don’t envision a bump from winning our Thursday BTT game. Beating Wisconsin helps. But does it get us to a 4 with comparable teams playing on Sunday?

Yea it's probably tough to be a 4 seed in the NCAA tournament when you're a 5 seed in your conference tournament. It's possible, but far from likely.

@ Indy - L
NwU - W
@Rut - L (too much time off)
Mary - L / W
Indy - W
@OSU - W / L
Rut - W
Wisc - L
@ Neb - L / W

Could be 6-3. Could be 3-6. I'll settle on 3 - W's, 3 - L's, 1-2 on the others = 4-5 to finish regular.
1-1 in BTT. #7 seed (but they get Des Moines). Lose 2nd (real) round.

Nothing to feel badly about this season.

IF Cook comes back (which he should) with anything resembling a jump-shot, any improvement on D and focus on team ball + full-game intensity ...
IF Moss comes back (which he should), as is ...
IF JoBo finds his shot ...
IF Kriener becomes the next Baer and actually plays alongside Garza and Cook ...
(THE REALLY BIG) IF Fran continues his evolution of understanding game flow and lineups ...

A Monster 2019-2020 awaits!

Yea it's probably tough to be a 4 seed in the NCAA tournament when you're a 5 seed in your conference tournament. It's possible, but far from likely.

Michigan was a 5 seed in the Big Ten tournament last year and ended up a 3 seed. Granted they did run the table all the way to the NCAA Title game. :)

Don't even know where to start in predictions. This team is has no trend. Every time it seems like they are going in one direction, they have a startling turn in the other direction. So, rather than even try to figure it out, I will assume them to win 4 or 5 (and flipped a coin to pick 4).

Thus, the NCAA seed will be almost entirely determined by performance in the Big 10 tournament.

I'll go 5-4, to finish 22-9, heading into the B10 Tournament, and sitting on the 6 line.

A better finish is possible but the Hawks still need to show me more in road games before I'll go higher. Win tonight, and I might be willing to say as much as 7-2, like a previous poster said.

Yup, so think I'll increase my prediction to 5-3 after last night's win. 23-8 and a 5 seed. If this team keeps playing well, they could exceed that, but I'll stay in the "cautious optimism" camp.

Keep it up, boys!

Yup, so think I'll increase my prediction to 5-3 after last night's win. 23-8 and a 5 seed. If this team keeps playing well, they could exceed that, but I'll stay in the "cautious optimism" camp.

Keep it up, boys!
Instead of updating my prediction, I won't, because I was going to say the exact same thing you just said.

I had us at 12-8 when we were 0-3. That’s now my floor...if we stay healthy. After the Michigan win I’m at 13-7. But 14-6 isn’t a reach. Last night has zero impact on my position because it has been a firm win for me since Indiana lost the 1st four of their 7 game losing streak.

The next 4 games we play 3 at home and 1 @Rutgers. It would be awesome to go 4-0 in those games. That would give us the same number of wins as the '15 team with 4 chances to improve.

The last 4 are @OSU Rutgers @Wisconsin @Nebraska. I love it that we play Nebraska so late because they might be completely checked out by then. OSU is a toughy but not near as hard as the game we just won. The Wisconsin game will be huge and give us a break from us worrying about the team pulling a no show. They will be ready to okay hard in that one. I think 6-2 or 5-3. If we get to 6-2, we will have a legit shot at Des Moines which is the new goal.

On a side note. If we get to 4-0 over the next 4, we will be in a great position for Des Moines with 4 games to go. That would be crazy to be in that good of position both times Des Moines has hosted the tournament in its history. Especially given how few times Iowa has gotten a 4 seed or better. It would be even crazier if they went 2-0 in blowing that chance. I'm still not over the last time. It's one of the most devastating things in my sports life. I can't even imagine if it happened twice.

The next 4 games we play 3 at home and 1 @Rutgers. It would be awesome to go 4-0 in those games. That would give us the same number of wins as the '15 team with 4 chances to improve.
The Maryland game is the only quadrant 1 game of the 4. Would be nice to go the season with only Q1 losses.

Let's say Iowa and Wisconsin (or anyone) end the season with the same conference record and get t 4/5 seeds. Because the 4 and 5 have the same path, except the 5 has an extra game...

...which would be better as far as seeding goes in the NCAA's: Get the 5 seed in the BTT and win the first game (extra win) or get the 4 and have the same draw (play Wisky or whoever the 4 is, and then the path stays the same)? Let's say the outcome of the Wisky/Iowa game is the same no matter who gets which seed. Would it even make a difference?

Let's say Iowa and Wisconsin (or anyone) end the season with the same conference record and get t 4/5 seeds. Because the 4 and 5 have the same path, except the 5 has an extra game...

...which would be better as far as seeding goes in the NCAA's: Get the 5 seed in the BTT and win the first game (extra win) or get the 4 and have the same draw (play Wisky or whoever the 4 is, and then the path stays the same)? Let's say the outcome of the Wisky/Iowa game is the same no matter who gets which seed. Would it even make a difference?
IMO It’s irrelevant unless said team loses Thursday. That could hurt if on the fringe of a 3/4 or 4/5, etc.

I had us at 12-8 when we were 0-3. That’s now my floor...if we stay healthy. After the Michigan win I’m at 13-7. But 14-6 isn’t a reach. Last night has zero impact on my position because it has been a firm win for me since Indiana lost the 1st four of their 7 game losing streak.
I liked our chances at Indiana better than most. That seven game losing streak was not an illusion.

That's actually Fran's third win in that building, albeit 2011 was an Indiana dumpster fire even worse than ours. For the record Lute and Mr. Davis both won there twice. Of course they were going up against a pretty good coach.

IMO It’s irrelevant unless said team loses Thursday. That could hurt if on the fringe of a 3/4 or 4/5, etc.
That's kind of what I think as well. I think, either way, the winner of the 4/5 would have to be viewed as a higher seed in the NCAA's IF they tie in the regular season standings.

That's kind of what I think as well. I think, either way, the winner of the 4/5 would have to be viewed as a higher seed in the NCAA's IF they tie in the regular season standings.

Wisconsin does have 3 losses in the non conference that we don't have. If they were to beat us in the tournament as the 4/5, then lose the next game, I could see us still being ahead of them.

Don't even know where to start in predictions. This team is has no trend. Every time it seems like they are going in one direction, they have a startling turn in the other direction. So, rather than even try to figure it out, I will assume them to win 4 or 5 (and flipped a coin to pick 4).
it's the schedule -- especially when you're a team with holes, and Iowa has some big holes (defense, end-game coaching)