Fill in the blanks with your predictions

99topdawg

In 2006, Iowa won on Feb 1st to go to 17-5. It went 8-3 (which includes 3-0 in the BTT) and ended up as a 3 seed in NCAA's.
In 2016, Iowa won on Jan 31st to go 17-4. It went 4-6 the rest of the way and got a 7 seed in NCAA's.

In 2019, Iowa won on Feb 1st to go 17-5. It will go _______ the rest of the way and will get a ______seed in NCAA's. (9 Reg season games left plus BTT)

I got 7-4, 6 seed

I want to say 22-9 but 21- 10 is a definite possibility. Many tough road and home games left. So a a 8 or 9 seed. I hope your right I'd love to see a 6 seed. Love a two or three game run in the Big tourney, but Fran needs to win at least one to get that monkey off his back.

5-4 to finish, 22-9. 4-5 ought to be a floor expectation, less than that is a pretty good fail. Lock for Dance before BTT.

Hopefully win one of the two final road games, and I really want that one to be fricken Bucky.

6-9 seed.

9-0 finish, Iowa dominated Michigan, I don’t see why they can’t beat any team remaining on the schedule. Along with a conference tournament championship that should get them a 2 or 3 seed in the ncaa tournament.

I will go with 5-4 to finish the regular season and we win 2 in the BTT leading to a 5 seed.

I try to realistic and a good fan, but for someone to think because we beat a certain team Iowa is gonna go out and run the table in the toughest conference in the US leads to unrealistic expectations that are unfair. This team is improving and just had a great win. They still have a long way to go to be the team we hope for and that's OK. There will be many more tough games still to play. I'm just enjoying the ride right now.

Our toughest remaining game is probably at Wisconsin.

God damn it Gard is doing it again.

They had early stumbles against Minnesota, Purdue and Maryland and I thought they were headed for the abyss.

They never do:confused:

I try to realistic and a good fan, but for someone to think because we beat a certain team Iowa is gonna go out and run the table in the toughest conference in the US leads to unrealistic expectations that are unfair. This team is improving and just had a great win. They still have a long way to go to be the team we hope for and that's OK. There will be many more tough games still to play. I'm just enjoying the ride right now.
Yeah, someone commented that we should have won by twenty the other night. WTF? You just beat the #5 team in the country by fifteen and they're concerned that it wasn't more? I would have been happy beating Michigan by one!

Exactly

I'll go 5-4, to finish 22-9, heading into the B10 Tournament, and sitting on the 6 line.

A better finish is possible but the Hawks still need to show me more in road games before I'll go higher. Win tonight, and I might be willing to say as much as 7-2, like a previous poster said.

Since you have 12 games, does that mean you think we win 2 in the Big 10 Tournament? If so, you have us going 24-7 in the regular season and only a 5 seed? I would think that would be closer to a 3 than a 5.
I have 7-2 and 2-1. I think we could be a 4 but went with a 5. If we lose to Wisconsin and Maryland or Ohio State we probably finish 5th or 6th in the Big 10. We will be favored in 6 of the 7 wins. So how much traction does that get us? I don’t envision a bump from winning our Thursday BTT game. Beating Wisconsin helps. But does it get us to a 4 with comparable teams playing on Sunday?

I have 7-2 and 2-1. I think we could be a 4 but went with a 5. If we lose to Wisconsin and Maryland or Ohio State we probably finish 5th or 6th in the Big 10. We will be favored in 6 of the 7 wins. So how much traction does that get us? I don’t envision a bump from winning our Thursday BTT game. Beating Wisconsin helps. But does it get us to a 4 with comparable teams playing on Sunday?

Don't forget that how other teams that are in the 3-6 seed range do down the stretch will also play a factor in where Iowa ends up, even if they finish like you mention.