Filip Rebraca is Really Affecting The Offensive Game.

MelroseHawkins

His productivity and consistency is really making defenses have to key on him which is helping a ton to open up the perimeter game. He's doing a great job of getting low on the block and establishing position. He has a variety of shots, including his little half hook and looks to be able to shoot from some unique angles around the hoop without having to always square up. I'm totally impressed with his game and his productivity, and it can't be overlooked..

He is giving the defense fits and his play is opening others up for shots. What he is doing is so important for this team offensively.

Carry on.

Last edited:
Filip has been the most pleasant surprise and by far Iowa's most improved player from last year. He looked over his head for most of last season. He looks like a starting forward in this conference, and more than holding his own.

He still has and will struggle against really big centers, but that just is what it is.

Filip has been the most pleasant surprise and by far Iowa's most improved player from last year. He looked over his head for most of last season. He looks like a starting forward in this conference, and more than holding his own.

He still has and will struggle against really big centers, but that just is what it is.
I gotta eat some crow with him (and Sandfort I figured I would eventually with him) He's done amazingly well this yr. He may not get the most improved player award but he should certainly be up for it. I wish he'd shoot FTs a little better but that's nitpicking. He's getting the most out of what he can do out there. That's all you can ask of the guy

He's money around the hoop and pretty much the only person on the team that we can say that about. We have a lot of guys who are good at getting to the basket, but very few that can actually put the ball INTO the hoop once they do.

Without Filip we lose the Rutgers game I am sure. Fun to watch this guy work.
I'll go another step further and say we'd probably lose most of the games we've won too. Because without him who's replacing his production and post play at both ends? Isn't gonna be big Josh O or Mulvey. Heck we are down PM another forward. I'd say he's the most irreplaceable guy we have frankly. He plays huge mins and without him we'd get curb stomped inside. We'll have some games where we will anyway but he at least gives us a punchers chance. Without him I really don't think we do..

I gotta eat some crow with him (and Sandfort I figured I would eventually with him) He's done amazingly well this yr. He may not get the most improved player award but he should certainly be up for it. I wish he'd shoot FTs a little better but that's nitpicking. He's getting the most out of what he can do out there. That's all you can ask of the guy

I looks to me he's shooting a little better % than he did last year. Can always get better, though.

Without Filip we lose the Rutgers game I am sure. Fun to watch this guy work.

Besides Murray, he might be the one player that Iowa can ill afford to lose, with what he means to the team.

It's the fact that it is a position that is just so thin on the team. Not sure we can replace his productivity very easily.

Last edited:
I'll go another step further and say we'd probably lose most of the games we've won too. Because without him who's replacing his production and post play at both ends? Isn't gonna be big Josh O or Mulvey. Heck we are down PM another forward. I'd say he's the most irreplaceable guy we have frankly. He plays huge mins and without him we'd get curb stomped inside. We'll have some games where we will anyway but he at least gives us a punchers chance. Without him I really don't think we do..

Yep, I read this after I posted he may be the player on the team Iowa can't afford to lose. Glad you think the same.

Last edited:
I think he just needs a little confidence and to trust himself. He sure is having fun out there an on that team, though.
He is the biggest cheerleader on the bench, I was happy to see him get in there and contribute. It looked like Dix and him definitely had some chemistry built likely from being the scout team. Guys develop at different rates, I'm convinced he will eventually be a starter if he stays in the program. Or, he'll transfer to KS or something.