Field of Dream to become premier baseball training complex in MW

Not so sure about the training camp facilities. I am sure they could fill up tournaments on the new fields every weekend, as anyone who has a child playing USSSA baseball can attest there are tournaments every weekend everywhere. They are going to need to get some elite trainers and coaches to make this happen. Never underestimate what Little League dad will pay to try to live out his dreams through his son.

Dream big,Mr. Spillman.

I think it is a great idea. Is there some risk? Sure.
Spillman is a White Sox fan who is well-funded.
He has been hatching this idea for years.
There is a sub-culture of youth club sports that some folks do not understand.
If people listened to all the detractors, Dubuque would never have become a tourist destination and transitioned over to a mixed economy after the factories started to close. Progress...boys..you cannot fight it.

This has the potential to fail bigtime, or succeed bigtime. It sounds more like a complex to host week long or month long camps for up to 1000 players. I don't see tournaments happening unless some hotels go up nearby. Don't forget Dubuque isn't to far away and has plenty of hotels. As a Dubuquer myself, I know that baseball is pretty much the sport of the city. I could see up to a couple hundred kids going to this place from Dubuque alone. Sounds cool, but at the same time I like visiting the place the way it is. This could ultimately ruin something that may be better off left the way it was after the movie. If it works though, so be it. Will only help the economy of the area.

This is dumb for the fact that it is currently an awesome place to go and just throw the ball around and act like you were in the movie and see the bleachers with their names sketched in etc. I have gone there every year since I was about 5 and played ball on the field multiple times. Would love to show my kids the movie someday and take them there too and have it be the same. It's a fun feeling, but doubt I will be doing that if it becomes this commercialized.

This is dumb for the fact that it is currently an awesome place to go and just throw the ball around and act like you were in the movie and see the bleachers with their names sketched in etc. I have gone there every year since I was about 5 and played ball on the field multiple times. Would love to show my kids the movie someday and take them there too and have it be the same. It's a fun feeling, but doubt I will be doing that if it becomes this commercialized.

If it doesn't becomer commercailized I doubt it will be there in 20 years for you to take your kids out there for free..............