Ferentz & The Chiefs? Don't Sweat It

I agree he needs to come out very soon and nix any rumors and support what he said last week in that he is here to stay as long as Iowa wants him. No mumbo jumbo.......I'm not interested in entertaining any offers whatsoever, end of story.

So let's get on with it coach. The opposing coaches are already out there providing fodder to your recruits. Dragging this out as has been done at times in the past will not sit well with many fans.

Sometimes I wonder what the world would have been like if Adolph Hitler had been named "Seth."

I think Barta needs to cough up more money and an extension immediately. We must squash any potential suitors, even though the reports are based on conjecture. I look forward to defending our Insight bowl crown for years to come.

Nice one.

LMFAO! People are saying KC might look at idiot McDaniels after he killed Denver and destroyed the Rams offense.

Now if you are watching the Rams tonight he is proving his idiocy even more. Would end the Pioli mystique forever if he went from Haley to McDaniels. The next search in KC would be for a GM.

I've watched the Chiefs closely the past 20 years. I long for the Trent Green days where they scored 35 points and lost by 3. At least it was interesting.

I agree the Haley was not a very good coach, but that was not the problem. Bottom line is the Chiefs don't have very good football players and lack depth. This is evident everytime I watch other games where players can actually block, tackle, catch the ball, read the defense, or even read the block right in front of them.

In addition, Clark Hunt shows no interest in investing the money necessary to accumulate the right playing or coaching talent necessary to compete for championships. Chiefs are currently $30MM under the cap.

That said, KF would be a fool to put up with the BS of the NFL scene given his current situation. After all of his accomplishments, there is no way he will retire as a failed NFL coach. He has little chance of success in the KC mindset right now.

why would anyone want to coach against the mile high messiah twice in one year? It just makes no sense.

Seriously, I dont think the NFL is a calling for KF. I believe he will and should stay here, even with the prospects of a new DC.

I have been listening to several hours of Kansas City sports talk radio and its the local guys mind you....NONE of them have yet to even mention KF as a possible candidate for the Chiefs job. They are in the mind set of shooting for the stars with this hire. The guys they are mentioning is Bill Cowher, Jeff Fisher and heard Josh McDaniels this morning. They are not wanting McDaniels for obvious reasons but he is connected to Pioli from his time in New England. If I hear anything about KF come up I will pass it on to you all.

Chiefs roster needs improving...

I've watched the Chiefs closely the past 20 years. I long for the Trent Green days where they scored 35 points and lost by 3. At least it was interesting.

I agree the Haley was not a very good coach, but that was not the problem. Bottom line is the Chiefs don't have very good football players and lack depth. This is evident everytime I watch other games where players can actually block, tackle, catch the ball, read the defense, or even read the block right in front of them.

In addition, Clark Hunt shows no interest in investing the money necessary to accumulate the right playing or coaching talent necessary to compete for championships. Chiefs are currently $30MM under the cap.

That said, KF would be a fool to put up with the BS of the NFL scene given his current situation. After all of his accomplishments, there is no way he will retire as a failed NFL coach. He has little chance of success in the KC mindset right now.

no doubt about that. They also were not very well coached this year. That's what got Haley fired, especially if he and Pioli were not seeing eye to eye on the future of the franchise.

Not sure that spending a lot more money in the off-season would have put the Chiefs in any better position. The Eagles scooped up every big name in sight, have a good coach in Reid, and they imploded. Redskins traditionally throw money around at big names and spent a boatload on Shanahan, and they are terrible.

Who should have the Chiefs thrown a bunch of money at that would have made this team markedly better? Cullen Jenkins? James Jones? In retrospect, the Chiefs probably should have bolstered depth around the roster by signing some veteran guys to low year, low-dollar salaries. It came back to bite them withe the injuries to Berry, Charles, Moeaki, Cassel.

Spending money in and of itself guarantees nothing. Teams need to be on the same page (from GM to coach) on how they approach acquiring and developing players. It's obvious the Chiefs were dysfunctional in this regard.

Whoever the new Chiefs coach is will have a better situation than most new coaches. The AFC West is terrible/mediocre, and the Chiefs have a solid nucleus with Bowe, Johnson, Charles, Berry, Hali and the two corners are above average. They need a lot of overhaul on the offensive line, and some on the defensive line. But it's not a hopeless situation.

10 Reasons Ferentz Stays

Five reasons he might listen to KC:

1. The challenge of testing himself against the best in the world.

2. Rids himself of high school recruiting, dealing with academics, players getting in trouble off the field and I-Club tours.

3. Chance to hire son Brian, now tight ends coach in New England, onto his Chiefs' staff.

4. Feels like he's taken Iowa to its ceiling.

5. All of his kids are about out of the house. Timing is right for the move.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/12/12/3316943/if-chiefs-go-college-route-one.html
http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kans...h-scott-pioili-iowas-kirk-ferentz-will-not-be
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...-jeff-fisher-kirk-ferentz-possible-successors
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253600
http://m.nfl.com/news/09000d5d824fb833/mcdaniels-ferentz-crennel-will-be-candidates-for-chiefs/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ferentz-crennel-will-be-candidates-for-chiefs
Charles Davis NFL Network..
"Time, place right for Ferentz to come to NFL
Can't say that the news of Todd Haley's dismissal is surprising. In a lot of ways, it was a matter of when, not if. Now speculation turns to who's next. The name that intrigues me the most is Kirk Ferentz, head coach at Iowa. In the past he has resisted the siren song of the NFL, but to me, if he's ever going to make the move, this would be the time and place for it."

Last edited:

Latest posts