Ferentz still has backing of administration

Kirk has gone 3-1 against the SEC against what you would call away games. He beat Florida, LSU & South Carolina in the heart of SEC country.

Funny, there isn't much difference in distance between Seattle & Pasadena and Iowa City & Tampa. Not even 200 miles. It is over eleven hundred miles from Seattle to Pasadena.
ya he has a great record against the sec, I said P10 away games, vs hayden. im not picking a side I was making a point. the only common ground is pac10 teams away from home(since hayden enver had a P10 team here). if you went "bowls" only KF is 0-1 Hayden is 1-4. I said Im not picking sides but you guys want to nick pick one part, different times, different games. KF has a better bowl record,Hayden built something from nothing. now which is the better coach?

BTW if kirk had that record of 02 or 04 pre 1997, he would have gone to the gator or holiday bowl. We loss the tie with tOSU on ranking and overall wins, so we dont go to the rose in 02, we loose in 04 for the same reason. hayden went 7-1 and got stuck in the holiday bowl resulting in a tie and a 10-1-1 record.

The '02 Orange Bowl is the only apples-to-apples comparison. You can't compare regular-season games to the Rose Bowl. Especially if you're calling something else "apples and oranges". That's ridiculous.
It's apples and oranges because I had to add regular season games for KF other wise he is 0-1 vs P10 and hayden is 1-4. it was the only way to make any kind of comparision between the two. so which is a better coach, if you look at it that way? you can't it's apples and oranges.

I disagree with the statement at face value that it's apples and oranges and you just can't compare it. Are there glaring differences between era's? Absolutely. However, you can also contrast each coaches success with how the programs were perceived within their own time against the CFB landscape as a whole and get a fairly good idea.

I disagree with the statement at face value that it's apples and oranges and you just can't compare it. Are there glaring differences between era's? Absolutely. However, you can also contrast each coaches success with how the programs were perceived within their own time against the CFB landscape as a whole and get a fairly good idea.

Right, and I think you can conclude that there's 3% difference between the two, with a margin of error of +/- 11%.

Best decade in Iowa football history? Seriously Barta? We play 12 games now, an extra cupcake, so subtract a win from each and every season under Ferentz, and then think about three Rose Bowls between 81 to 91.

You can't just mention changes in college football and how they only minimize Ferentz, it works both ways. There is no way Iowa goes to both 80's Rose Bowls with Penn State in the Big 10 in 1981 and 1985 considering they had National Championship caliber teams both of those years.

I'd like to make clear that Ferentz still has the backing of message board poster 'Billso' as well.

I am a very important person, in my own mind.

[this information is approved for public release, without embargo]

It's interesting that those that don't agree with the administration chose to ignore that there are 10,000 worth of ticket sales that don't agree with you... it's all about the money. Ticket sales speak will always speak louder then a few disgruntled fans.

It's interesting that those that don't agree with the administration chose to ignore that there are 10,000 worth of ticket sales that don't agree with you... it's all about the money. Ticket sales speak will always speak louder then a few disgruntled fans.

Let me teach you a trick. You can shorten this to work in every argument: Cash is king.

Except for the AD budget pales in comparison to the general fund, and especially the BoR.

But cash is king works here also, just better than ticket sales.

Latest posts