Ferentz Presser Cliffs Notes

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
-No mention of Hundertmark
-No change in status of Wegher, now thinking long term and not short term. Team has moved on, time to play football
-Not realistic for Koeppel to play this week...most everyone else has a chance, Kirk didn't talk much about injuries...short answers
-Sounds like CJ Fiedorowicz is going to get a chance to play in line of scrimmage plays and not just on special teams
-Kirksey and Morris will also play as true frosh, still waiting decision on others
-Coker still one to two weeks away from rehab
-Will likely keep DeAndre Johnson out of game this week (wait for RS decision)
-DJK and Davis returning kicks, Sandeman punts with McNutt backup
-DJK has had some nagging injuries
-Made it through camp without serious injuries..just some soft tissue and joints
-Mike Meyers will hand kickoff duties this week.
-Will make field goal kicker decision later in the week
-Ballard to start at DE with Mike Daniels inside...look for that to be a rotation this year. Daniels is legit.

Last edited:
I was caught off guard by the nagging injuries to DJK. That's a name that nobody brought up the last month when rumors about injuries popped up.

It seems DKJ has been plagued by nagging injuries during his entire career. Nothing major, but it has affected his ability to practice, etc.

People have a tendency to focus on doghouse issues, but the injuries are also a factor on where he has fallen on depth charts etc.

I know the first game hasn't even happened yet, but I am already tired of Wegher questions. I hope we don't have to deal with reporters constantly asking Kirk.

He's gone, move on. If he comes back, we will all find out real quick.

On another note, I sure hope DJK gets at least one game as a captain this year.

I know the first game hasn't even happened yet, but I am already tired of Wegher questions. I hope we don't have to deal with reporters constantly asking Kirk.

I expect the questions will keep coming until Hampton gets to play, and only then if both he and ARob stay healthy.

Only 2 people can stop the questions. BW and KF. So I hope they know the questions will keep coming until one of them makes a decision. But I agree, the time to move on was quite a while ago.

-Ballard to start at DE with Mike Daniels inside...look for that to be a rotation this year. Daniels is legit.

Iowa has what many consider the best defensive line in the country based upon last year's play and expected growth. To break into that, Daniels has to be more than legit! I can't wait to see these guys in action!

I have a sense interest in BW's status will fall off pretty quickly. I used to check this and the other sites several times a day to see if there was anything new. Within the past few days I have stopped. I wish he was in uniform ready to take the field. But I accept that he won't be this year and most likely won't ever.

Latest posts