FERENTZ OPEN PRACTICE TRANSCRIPT

i've never heard him this positive. he must be pleased. still waiting for norm to say the DL is "simply okay". if he's complimentary, there must be something in the IC water.

with all the rain and high water, I'm sure there is something in the IC water - specifically loads of chlorine....man, that was some bad water...... :)

Sounds to me like it's a combination of his personal life and football. What I mean is I'm guessing he has a lot going on with his personal life and his full-time committment to Hawkeye football wasn't helping matters. I'm guessing Ferentz was trying to say that Wegher needs to decide if he enjoys football enough to come back to the team even though he's got a lot going on personally. I doubt it's simply a case of him being burnt out on football... the kid has lived and breathed football since he was born. That's probably why Ferentz thinks he will decide to rejoin the team eventually.

Or is it a matter of where he lives is the issue? In the dorms or off campus. I agree, no way he is burnt out on football.

Who is Mike Meyer?

Talk about walk on Mike Meyer
Ferentz: He is a guy we are thrilled chose to join us. We are very excited about that, last winter when he did that. He has good potential. We have only had 11 practices but we are really impressed with him and we think he might make the competition that much more interesting.

I had to look it up myself PJ. Apparently he's a walk-on kicker/punter of some sort.

Latest posts