Ferentz on Weisman

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
This from ESPN:

Ferentz on Mark Weisman: He's got a sprained ankle. The MRIs were encouraging (Monday). Will do light work today. Assume he won't play.

Ferentz says hard to expect a RB with an ankle injury to be effective. Still won't know for sure till later this week, but not optimistic

Then this from Steve Batterson of QC Times: Ferentz: "We don't know how long (Weisman) will be able to go. You put stress on that part of body when you play. We'll see."

I still think there is a chance. Perhaps that is just the optimist in me and hoping Kirk is rope a doping a bit. Glad the MRI's were 'encouraging'

AIRBHG goes after Weisman and only sprains his ankle.

Weisman really was sent to Iowa City to kill AIRBHG.

Then this from Steve Batterson of QC Times: Ferentz: "We don't know how long (Weisman) will be able to go. You put stress on that part of body when you play. We'll see."

Since KF mumbles a bit, it may have been "We don't know how long till (Weisman) will be able to go. You put stress on that part of body when you play. We'll see." Very different meaning if so.

Yes, I'm parsing. Decoding Kirk-speak can be like interpreting the Torah...

If Gimm is worth a hoot at FB, give Rogers some carries if need be. He showed some nice flashes a few years ago.

I don't think Kirk has ever rushed someone back from injury. Its 100% or not playing. I am assuming Weisman will not play.

We'll have a lot more on this from Kirk here in about 25 minutes during his Iowa presser..that was Big Ten teleconference.

I'm NOT optimistic, it's usually easiest to play through it in the game the player gets injured, he couldn't do that though. It doesn't sound good to me.

I'm NOT optimistic, it's usually easiest to play through it in the game the player gets injured, he couldn't do that though. It doesn't sound good to me.

Exactly. If he was good he would have been out there in OT.

If not playing this week gets the Golem back to 100%, I would prefer seeing hay-straw and hummingbird take the field against psu. Don't want to see a nearly but not there guy busting his *** determinedly but ineffectually (like Drew Tate, Coker etc)

Latest posts