Ferentz' long term view of offense

NCHawker

I have come to believe that KF has either a calous indifference about having a productive offense or high tolerence of mediocrity.

I asked myself why? Well they've had some good seasons that accompanied poor / mediocre offenses. Seems like that's enough.

I'm baffled.

Not exactly Nostradamus there, NCHawker. KF's offense has never exactly been vibrant. If your point is that we have been having this discussion as Iowa fans for a decade? Yep. We have.

Not exactly Nostradamus there, NCHawker. KF's offense has never exactly been vibrant. If your point is that we have been having this discussion as Iowa fans for a decade? Yep. We have.
Because you used the word never I believe this statement is incorrect. There was that one year.

or maybe it was so ahead of its time that nobody commented

or it was so obvious

I was probably getting skullfucked at work or else I would have had a strong defense of Ken O'Keefe, who established the high water mark for offenses in the Ferentz era. If we still had O'Keefe as OC with some of these recent defenses I think we would have been a lot better off. Greg Davis had no business being our OC and I want Brian on the staff running line or TEs or something, but giving him the keys was just untenable from the outset. But that 55-24 game against Ohio will always be a highlight memory and Brian delivered on that. Let's not talk about the next game, though.

I had back surgery last Wednesday on the 20th so I'm going back and reading some of KF's press interviews. What he said about Lincoln Reily really sums up KF's philosophy on offense. He was truthful about the learning to play defense but what Kirk doesn't get when you have a offense as inept as Iowa's when play a quick strike USC and your down two touchdowns probably not coming back to win the game. Shit held Michigan to 26 points and couldn't score once. I'll take some offense Kirk! Sorry

Latest posts