Ferentz in Close Games

What is even more alarming is that stat that came out a couple years ago concerning Iowa's W-L record in games where they were a double digit favorite....it was ALARMING how many games they had Lost versus the rest of the league...they were rock bottom by miles!!!

Totally agree with you. I can't remember the exact stat but it was brutal. While this stat about games decided by 4 points is bad, it's kind of bad to take out the 9-1 stretch. His stats would still be poor, but those games counted.

Good point, he cherry picked his stats. Why 4 points, why take out seasons in the middle of the sample period? That is why I consider this to be rubbish. A close game is any one score game, 8 points or less. Touchdown plus two point conversion. In points decided by 8 or less Iowa has won more than they have lost since 2002.

Get a clue man. He's talking about a stretch 10 years ago. You're the most pathetic apologist by far.

I'm not an apologist, I'm just not a groupthink idiot like the morons who populate this site.

Kirk is 20-30 in these games. That is the stat that matters. It is poor. But you can't cherry pick his good years out of it, just to make it look worse.

Lol that a game where we scored on the last play of the game was the 6th game mentioned when talking about lucky endings for a team full of NFLers. What a joke.

Yes! Iowa had the 3rd most players drafted between 08-10, behind USC and Florida.

When you take that and all the close lucky wins into account, what was actually accomplished was pretty sad.

I'm not an apologist, I'm just not a groupthink idiot like the morons who populate this site.

Kirk is 20-30 in these games. That is the stat that matters. It is poor. But you can't cherry pick his good years out of it, just to make it look worse.

I agree with this (except of the moron insult part). I could see eliminating an earlier time period like 99-04 but you can't willy-nilly eliminate 09 just because it goes against point you're trying to make.

That said, 20-30 overall and whatever the stats over the past 10 years or so stand on their own as pretty crap-ulent.

Kirk Ferentz-coached Iowa teams have succeeded by limiting mistakes, doing the little things well, and finding ways to win close games.

Avg season win total for Ferentz-era Iowa teams w/ >.500 record in games decided by 7 pts or less: 9.33.

Avg season win total
for Ferentz-era Iowa teams w/ <.500 record in games decided by 7 pts or less: 5.9.

Nope what we need is for him to be removed, he ruins most every thread he post in. For example the stupid crap he is posting in this one for is childish CRAP. It's act is completely over the top, old, growing older by the second, just flat out trash!!

Seeing the stuff he posts is actually better than having almost every thread in the Football forum be hijacked into a series of comments how bad of a coach Ferentz is, each negative commenter trying to out-negative the previous comments.

Can't eliminate the years when Iowa had a good team. I'm not sticking up for 20-30 by any means. Its pretty awful actually. But "cherry picking" as you said is a poor way to make something look a lot worse or in some cases a lot better. Many KF apologist used to do the same with those years when Iowa had good/great teams.

Latest posts