Ferentz Goes to KC - Here's Why

Nope. Jon lets Brian troll his board and play by his own set of rules and it pisses people off.

Apparently if you buy advertising on the board, you're allowed to troll.

The JUCO QB thing is hilariously stupid. The coach is out the door, but he wants to get a JUCO QB in place for the next staff.

Romeo Crennel who was with Pioli in NE,is going to get an audition the next 3 weeks. Lets all root for him to do well,altho playing the Packers is a bad way to start.

But,seriously,Crennel could be Pioli's guy also,as he has experience as a head coach,albeit, bad experience,and he has the Chief defense playing well.

If Kirk Ferentz and Romeo Crennel are going to coach together, it's much more likely that it's because Crennel comes to Iowa as DC.

Romeo Crennel who was with Pioli in NE,is going to get an audition the next 3 weeks. Lets all root for him to do well,altho playing the Packers is a bad way to start.

But,seriously,Crennel could be Pioli's guy also,as he has experience as a head coach,albeit, bad experience,and he has the Chief defense playing well.

He coached the Browns. Not even Belichek was good for them. (tongue in cheek post)

Gotta give BK credit...even though 99% of his predictions make him look like a complete idiot he continues to crank them out

I don't think Haley liked Stanzi. I saw it in pre-season. Haley screamed at Stanzi the entire time. From the very little that I saw, Haley's body language toward Stanzi was very poor. I don't think Haley wanted to draft Stanzi, and he was going to try to get rid of him as soon as possible. There's an article about this very thing today: Did Todd Haley Purposely Bench Ricky Stanzi To Spite Scott Pioli? - SB Nation Kansas City

#1. With that said, Haley wasn't fired over this. No way. I think the 5-8 record combined with a "Yes" from a certain someone is what led to the firing right now. Firing Haley, without a "Yes" already is too big of a risk in my opinion. The firing was a window of opportunity that had to be seized right now. You don't want to risk Haley winning 2 of his final 3 and finishing 7-9 because that makes firing Haley very tough considering the injuries K.C. has sustained on offense.

Even if you're not totally seeing eye to eye... You don't fire Haley (who went 10-6 last year) at 5-8 unless you've got a very solid replacement already locked up and in the bag. The Chiefs already have their head coach. There is no real search right now even though there's the illusion of one.

So I think Haley's firing at 5-8 is the best evidence that Ferentz is gone.

#2 Matt Cassel. You don't get drafted into the NFL without playing a single meaningful down in college unless you can demonstrate some serious mechanics and talent. Probably still need to have an unquestionable work ethic and character. Cassel must have all of these. Then to add to the list he was educated at USC under Pete Carrol, and then did his post-grad for 4-years under Bill Belichick and the wings of Tom Brady. Matt Cassel has all the tools necessary to become a very, very good quarterback in the NFL. His 2010 stats are evidence.

#3 AFC West - I think the easiest division to win in the near term. Easier to win that division then it is to win the Legends division for sure. Michigan, Nebraska, Michigan State are all bringing in more talent that Iowa. Legends division is going to be a crap shoot the next few years.

#4 KC is loaded with talent. Charles at RB, Moeaki at TE, Bowe at WR, Cassel at QB. Talented young defense and proven d-coord in Romeo.

#5 A depressed fan base that's hungry for success. A fan base that will be easy to please and a mid-market football town. Kansas City isn't sexy or flashy. Ferentz will be able to handle the media there. He won't be expected to make the playoffs every year. He'll get a pretty long leash to get Kansas City turned around. It's a perfect NFL fit for Ferentz.

#6 Norm Parker retires

#7 We're going after JUCO QB. Why? Would someone transfer if Ferentz left....?

Everything lines up right this time. I think Ferentz and Pioli already have a handshake agreement, but it doesn't become public until after the bowl game. Which is the right thing to do.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ezEjae4WyM]Randy Marsh - Oh My God - YouTube[/ame]

I think it's funny that people think there's this giant conspiracy within the chiefs organization to get Kirk Ferentz to come coach for them. Don't get me wrong, I think he's an excellent coach, and hope he stays here for the rest of his career. But this isn't Bill Cowher we're talking about.

You fail to address the $36M+ Ferentz would be leaving on his contract that is guaranteed. Are you suggesting KC will offer him the same money guaranteed over less years?

You fail to address the $36M+ Ferentz would be leaving on his contract that is guaranteed. Are you suggesting KC will offer him the same money guaranteed over less years?

No he prefers to just assume KF will be there long enough to make that money

I admit that if ever the stars were aligned for Kirk this is the chance; however, I just don't see it happening. Kirk has it made at Iowa. He is compensated quite nicely and he has job security at Iowa. The NFL is cutthroat ... He could be out on his "behind" in a couple of years. I don't think he makes the move ...

I admit that if ever the stars were aligned for Kirk this is the chance; however, I just don't see it happening. Kirk has it made at Iowa. He is compensated quite nicely and he has job security at Iowa. The NFL is cutthroat ... He could be out on his "behind" in a couple of years. I don't think he makes the move ...

The only reason he goes is if its a life goal of his...speculating is just dumb because no one on this board knows the answer

Don't kid yourself. There's not that much talent in KC right now...I've been watching them for 20 years. KF will not take the risk of losing a friend (Pioli) and retiring a failure. He cannot be successful hered in KC under these circumstances. It's not about money, it's about his legasy.

Wow, I never cease to be amazed how so many can be so confused. Ferentz would have to take a cut in pay to go to the Chiefs and he would have expectations from day one. Secondly, he won't have a marshmallow press lobbing up softball questions after bad losses. Third, the NFL is about scoring. The Chiefs do not want another defense first coach with 0 NFL head coaching experience. Ferentz is a disciple of Belichick, who happens to be an offensive genius, but our offense blows.

Aside from what I mention above, does anyone think Ferentz wants to deal with the modern day NFL players based on how tight of a ship he runs? Try telling an NFL player to not wear a hat or sunglasses during an interview.

I lived in KC for 10 years and the fans would riot if they hired Ferentz. Fischer, Gruden, Billick, Cowher....plenty of big name guys (which they need). Haley was a one off that blew up and Camarohead is a ghost town due to fan apathy.

Agree with others that the JUCO QB is because Derby got moved to LB and our depth chart consists of Vandenberg and Rudduck....a juco makes sense and it is just an offer at this point.

LA Times article today saying it is Jeff Fischer.

Ferentz isn't going anywhere - he has a couple of good recruiting classes coming in, and frankly it has never been easier to make it to the Rose Bowl (win your division, and then sneak out the title game).

He's staying

Latest posts