Ferentz dean of B1G coaches

AIRHAWK

Was wondering how many different head coaches have come and gone in the B1G since Kirk arrived in the league?
25?-30? more?
Go hawks

Was wondering how many different head coaches have come and gone in the B1G since Kirk arrived in the league?
25?-30? more?
Go hawks
OSU 3 Cooper, Tressel, Meyer
Mich 4 Carr, Dick Rod, Hoke, Harbaugh
Penn St 3 Joe Pa, O'brian, whoever they have now
Wiscy 4 Barry, Bert, Anderson, Chryst
NW 3? Barnett, Walker, Fitz?
Minny 3 Mason, Brewster, Kill
Nebby 4 Callahan, Solich, Pelini, Riley
Illinois 4 Turner, Zook, Beckman, Current guy...name escapes me lol
Purdue 3 Tiller, Hope, current guy
Indiana lol cant count em, dont care
MSU 2, Saban, Dantonio
Maryland dont know at all
Rutgers huh?

He might end up being the dean of all D-1 coaches if Richts and Stoops get run out of town.

Last edited:
OSU 3 Cooper, Tressel, Meyer
Mich 4 Carr, Dick Rod, Hoke, Harbaugh
Penn St 3 Joe Pa, O'brian, whoever they have now
Wiscy 4 Barry, Bert, Anderson, Chryst
NW 3? Barnett, Walker, Fitz?
Minny 3 Mason, Brewster, Kill
Nebby 4 Callahan, Solich, Pelini, Riley
Illinois 4 Turner, Zook, Beckman, Current guy...name escapes me lol
Purdue 3 Tiller, Hope, current guy
Indiana lol cant count em, dont care
MSU 2, Saban, Dantonio
Maryland dont know at all
Rutgers huh?

Initially, I was impressed that you could rattle off all those names off the top of your head like that........Then I tried it and it really wasn't that difficult. Ummm, so yeah, there have been a lot of coaches.:)

Michigan State also had John L Smith and someone else between Saban and Dantonio

Indiana had Gerry Dinardo, Terry Hoepner, some other guy and now Kevin Wilson. Who was before Dinardo?

unfortunately for Walker while he was head coach at N'western, he died of a heart attach while he was still head coach there.

He might end up being the dean of all D-1 coaches if Richts and Stoops get run out of town.

Beamer is the national dean IIRC. But how much longer will he be around?

Counting interim coaches, by my math there have been 34 coaching changes in the Big Ten since Kirk was hired.

against N'western, Kirk should wear a black/gold sweatshirt that should just say "DEAN" on the front, like Belushi's "COLLEGE."

Yes, the gum throwing Bill Lynch, who kept yellin "oh bull shite" when video reviews kept going against IU in that Halloween Tyler Sash game back in 09.
Completely forgot about Lynch. He was so hacked off that game I loved it.
Seems I remember a game or two when Lllloyd Caaar was also not a happy guy at Kinnick.

Latest posts