Ferentz/Barta Presser Chat 9:45am

So, are you going to wait to write something up till then? Any thoughts now? I don't expect assumptions, just like hearing your insight/thoughts.

I'm officially scared of what I'm going to hear tomorrow AM

I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I say that tomorrow morning is going to be an unproductive one in Iowa workplaces

Tomorrow is either going to signify that things have been dealt with and that there won't be much or any more discipline, OR, its getting out ahead of something larger.

We'll see.

Tomorrow is either going to signify that things have been dealt with and that there won't be much or any more discipline, OR, its getting out ahead of something larger.

We'll see.

After the press release i thought it was the former but after a few things I heard tonight (not on message boards) im afraid it will be the latter.

The next few weeks are going to be very interesting

If Adam rittenberg (sp?) has already said their "might" be more names coming Tuesday, he wouldn't have to say that except to imply that there will be. Would you agree with at least that much?

I'd have the "No comment" copied out ahead of time for easy pasting; it should save you quite a few keystrokes in the morning.

We'll see.

I'm hoping for the former.

Since the Arizona game this season has become more and more of a disappointment.

It's past time for some good news. Putting closure on all these rumors having dealt with the issues then winning the bowl game woud be a very good move in the right direction.

If Adam rittenberg (sp?) has already said their "might" be more names coming Tuesday, he wouldn't have to say that except to imply that there will be. Would you agree with at least that much?

Good heavens the pressed will take place in little more than nine hours now. We'll know more then.

We'll see.
If Barta is usually only at pressers for bowl announcements or contract stuff, then does this mean they're going to announce Iowa is backing out of the bowl game (I'm guessing Kirk isn't getting a contact extension at this point).

The idea that Iowa would back out of a bowl game is absolutely crazy. All Big Ten Bowls are tied together financially. From a conference standpoint I don't think that is even possible.

We'll see.
I

It's only been a week since DJK's arrest. It's possible there could be more fallout related to statements he made at the time and items taken by the police. Maybe Barta is there to annouce that there is an ongoing investigation regarding this.

I have used my inside sources to confirm the presser talking points:

UofI is going to announce how pleased they are to be in the Legends Division and that the new Big 10 logo looks killer.