Ferentz and Stoops have more in common than I thought...

Wow, Stoops was a great Hawk, but what makes you think he could do more than KF with the talent Iowa brings in?

Because I don't think Ferentz/staff are good gameday coaches frankly. I think Stoops/staff would recruit better as well. Ferentz/staff may be better in player development/teaching but unsure in that regard as well. I would make the trade without blinking and would be absolutely out of my mind psyched.

First, sounds a lot like many HN fans critical of KF. Second, KF could do more with OU talent than stoopids

Stoops, like KF has probably peaked at OU. The biggest issue that has caused Stoops to plateau IMO, would be the coordinators that he's lost......

OC's: Mike Leach, Mark Mangino (both offensive masterminds) and Chuck Long (obviously not as big of a loss as the former)

DC's: Mike Stoops and Bo Pelini (both very good coordinators)

I think some of these coordinators helped Bob build that program. Not to mention he took over a program that even though they were down in wins, had some very talented players already on campus.

That's cool, I like KF as a person (from what we see as fans) much better than what I see of stoops...but thanks for making your comment respectable, need to see more of that around here.

Never thought I would feel that way, but all the bad Nov. losses the last 5-6 years has soured me. 3-3 against Minny, including 2 straight is inexcusable. I just feel the Iowa program has hit a stale point. Yes, it is good to have a respectable conversation. I don't want KF gone, but he needs to do a evaluation of himself and the program.

yeah, i think NOrm probably steps down and that will be a positive change. We'll see how it goes from there. We will be back...

Stoops, like KF has probably peaked at OU. The biggest issue that has caused Stoops to plateau IMO, would be the coordinators that he's lost......

OC's: Mike Leach, Mark Mangino (both offensive masterminds) and Chuck Long (obviously not as big of a loss as the former)

DC's: Mike Stoops and Bo Pelini (both very good coordinators)

I think some of these coordinators helped Bob build that program. Not to mention he took over a program that even though they were down in wins, had some very talented players already on campus.
I think the HC at Indiana came from OU as well, Kevin Wilson. He was with OU when they installed their ridiculously fast, no-huddle offense.

I think KF does more with less, which might be why he's paid so much (might inherently draw fewer big namers no matter who's coach, can't afford to pay a coach who doesn't develop talent as well). But Ferentz could do a lot more than he does now with the recruits OU gets. He should hire a great sales person to sell the Iowa program to recruits.

That's cool, I like KF as a person (from what we see as fans) much better than what I see of stoops...but thanks for making your comment respectable, need to see more of that around here.

What about Stoops have you seen that makes you like Ferentz more than him? He appears to be a pretty stand up guy to me.

Everytime I flip to an OU game i see Stoops screaming at the refs, all red faced, pointing his finger at them, throwing his visor. Even after the game, I recall him commenting about calls. I like KF because his does not act like that...I think you can still be a good coach without being a screaming maniac.

I don't see why Stoops and KF don't get together and decide to win a national championship at Iowa by joining forces and Co-Head coaches. KF will be head of player development and Stoops will be the mastermind behind gameday prep. Bring in Mike Stoops to run the Defense. Iowa would be unstoppable! If the both love the Hawkeyes as much as they say they do they will make this happen! :)

Wow, Stoops was a great Hawk, but what makes you think he could do more than KF with the talent Iowa brings in?

Huh? One minute the Ferentz and KOK apologists are crying about all the NFL talent we lost and the next they claim we get no talent. Stoops would do more with the exact same talent because he would have an O Coordinator with more than 5 plays and would play more than one RB. The only guy who has earned his $$ the past few seasons has been Parker, but now since the D can't be lights out, we get exposed.

Can't wait to see Coker's line against OU. 30 carries for 15 yards. This could be the most lopsided blowout of all the bowl games.

OSU had not beat OU since Les Miles left town- Stoops has completely owned them up until this year, now everyone thinks he has peaked at OU and the worlds coming to an end! Unbelievable!

The guy has unbelievable talent and has for years, they had won the Big XII many years in a row, are consistently in BCS bowls (I understand they lost a bunch in a row there, including a national championship appearance where Sam Bradford threw a bunch of picks and still had a chance to win the game in Miami in 2009), this year their studs on O are ravaged with INJ's and they still have more talent than Iowa- even Rece Davis can't resist acknowledging that!

Latest posts