Ferentz and Bubble Gum

Blackhawk33

Has anyone else noticed how Coach Ferentz no longer chews the bubble gum? When did this happen? Did he decide it was a bad habit or something?
I thought it was kind of cool, when you had this badass coach of a badass team, barking orders, stomping up and down the sidelines, then blowing a big 'ol badass pink bubble every 30 chomps or so. It was iconic. Kind of like Hayden and his shades.

Has anyone else noticed how Coach Ferentz no longer chews the bubble gum? When did this happen? Did he decide it was a bad habit or something?
I thought it was kind of cool, when you had this badass coach of a badass team, barking orders, stomping up and down the sidelines, then blowing a big 'ol badass pink bubble every 30 chomps or so. It was iconic. Kind of like Hayden and his shades.

I haven't noticed that...or maybe thinking about it now, I can't say I remember him blowing bubbles but I did see a couple of times where he had his mouth set like he had a plug of chew in his cheek. Maybe it's a bite block? Worn down his TMJ's chewing all that gum. I do remember seeing McNutt chewing the hell out of some gum!

I heard he signed an endorsement deal with Mentos.

If that's the case, who could blame him? Have seen what Mentos can do for you? Mentos have more power than Three-Wolf-Moon shirt and Atlantis Ring combined!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfp2Bg6iUdY]YouTube - Mentos commercial (Traffic light) from the 90s[/ame]

He ran out of Hubba Bubba sugar free bubble gum and chose not to replace it with another brand.

Good. Now if he could only stop writing on little notes during the game. That made sense 75 years ago where you could not watch tape of the game, but now? What possible can you see right then that you cannot see while re-watching game tape many many times, as they do?

Good. Now if he could only stop writing on little notes during the game. That made sense 75 years ago where you could not watch tape of the game, but now? What possible can you see right then that you cannot see while re-watching game tape many many times, as they do?

I think he's just noting when someone commits a penalty or makes a boneheaded play. That way he'll now exactly when to stop the tape and point it out when they review it.
Plus, if you're a player for the Hawks, and you make a stupid play, then look over to the sideline at your coach, and you see him just bending over a notepad, writing your number on his sh:tlist- that's gotta be a good teaching tool to not do it again.

IIRC Frerentz made a comment that he started chewing gum on the sidelines to cut down on his cussing. Maybe he has that under better control now.

Great! And while we're at it, we're going to tell the nation that we're done making in-game and halftime adjustments as well. I would bet the farm that's why Ferentz has that notepad. Just keeps track of things he's noticing that they need to adjust before the game is over.

Would you rather have him throw a fit like that punk Brian Kelly. It is actually a very measured way to let everyone know he noticed your blunder while not dressing you down in public.

I think there was an article from Damian Simms about the 2007 Mich State game, where he said Ferentz kept yelling and swearing at halftime to wake them up.

Yeah, can't see the foul mouth in him, but I really don't think I'd like to find myself on his "Bad side"!

I think there was an article from Damian Simms about the 2007 Mich State game, where he said Ferentz kept yelling and swearing at halftime to wake them up.

Yea, for some reason I think I have heard the opposite that he's not afraid to throw some words out there.

Great! And while we're at it, we're going to tell the nation that we're done making in-game and halftime adjustments as well. I would bet the farm that's why Ferentz has that notepad. Just keeps track of things he's noticing that they need to adjust before the game is over.

Wait thats not a crossword puzzle?

I seem to remember a time when I was watching an away game, a call went against the Hawks...a questionable one at best after a series of questionable calls.

KF spiked the headset and reading his lips seemed to suggest he was discussing something along the lines of firetrucking bullspit...but I may have misread his lips when he was addressing the official!?!

Latest posts