Ferentz 7-23 in games 5pst or less... last year was the only good year for close game

Bigtenchamp

7-23 is pretty horrid (this includes ever year at Iowa besides last year)

4-1 last year was the only good year 1-12 isnt too good.

If you want to dispute that you can look it up.

Re: Ferentz 7-23 in games 5pst or less... last year was the only good year for close

I might be one off but its pretty close to this... if you went by 1 touchdown or less it migh tlook even worse.

Re: Ferentz 7-23 in games 5pst or less... last year was the only good year for close

That's actually kind of surprising. You'd think a team would pull out a few more close games than that. Maybe next year we will have a good run of luck again.

That's actually kind of surprising. You'd think a team would pull out a few more close games than that. Maybe next year we will have a good run of luck again.

I do not want luck! I want execution and excellence!

Somebody else can look up the numbers, but until the PSU game in 2008, his record when trailing going into the 4th quarter was an absolute joke.

I'd rather lose by 20 once a year than lose by 3 points 4 times a year.

But maybe it's just me.

I do not want luck! I want execution and excellence!

I do too. My point was if you play as many close games as we do you are relying on an element of luck. One play can change any game.

Wow, that is one ugly stat. Anyone think Ferentz is laughing all the way to the bank?

Ah come on. He's worth 3 million plus

The conservatism isnt working. If you're strategy is to play it close to the vest and have close games then you need to win more than you lose.

The philosophy isn't working consistently. You can say wellll look at the record of alot of these teams I will say this Kirk is great at developing player but his in game football managment is primitive.

This isnt high school football how do you have a freshman middle linebacker covering a WR 30 yards down field.

And how many of those 7 wins were due to individual excellence and effort (aka: Tate to Holloway) rather than anything the coaches did?

And how many of those 7 wins were due to individual excellence and effort (aka: Tate to Holloway) rather than anything the coaches did?

It's funny that you mention that because that was another example of horrible clock managment that we got bailed out on

FACE it KF is a JOKE of a game coach period and he is not worth anywhere NEAR the 3min he is getting paid of he refuses to make any changes find a new coach tired of his lame joke of excuses he comes up with after each game.....pathetic is only word i can come up for his coaching abilities.

Somebody else can look up the numbers, but until the PSU game in 2008, his record when trailing going into the 4th quarter was an absolute joke.

I know at one point he was like 4 and 50 something....he might be close to double digits in terms of victories, but his overall record when trailing going into the 4 qtr is still really, really bad.

4-1 last year was the only good year 1-12 isnt too good.

If you want to dispute that you can look it up.

This is a huge statement. I wish someone had the balls to ask him about his close game record face to face.

We should probably get charlie weiss or richrod for next year. A guy that takes top forty talent and turns it into a top twenty five team and or top ten team fairly consistently isn't good enough for hawkeyenation.

Wow, that is one ugly stat. Anyone think Ferentz is laughing all the way to the bank?

I know you dudes hate me for "turning" on the program, but I'm not making those "donations" to the athletic department for tickets anymore. If Iowa changes its policy so I can donate to the general University or something, I will still do that, but I don't want Barta, Ferentz and O'Keefe taking my money anymore. NU's also 7-4 and their season tickets are a fraction of the price of Iowa's season tickets. Those of you in Central Iowa should strongly consider Iowa State tickets - at least their coach cares if they win or lose.

We are not consistently a top ten 10 team..... 4 years out of 12 isnt consistent. It's not crappy by any means but once every 4 years fails to meet the definition of "consistent"

Latest posts