Feeling pretty down on Hawkeye Football

I don't think anyone "gave up" until Minnesota.

Eh...All of those 3rd down conversions the D gave up against jNW weren't because their offense was just that much better than our defense. And the team that took the field against Indiana was NOT the same team that took the field earlier in the year against ISU.

This is better than beating Texas or Nebraska?
Hmmmmm. I'll have to call you out on that one.

So, you'd rather beat Texas and Nebraska but still finish 5-7 and out of the bowls than beat ISU and Michigan State, finish 7-5 and get to play an extra game? Really? Maybe our priorities are different...

So, you'd rather beat Texas and Nebraska but still finish 5-7 and out of the bowls than beat ISU and Michigan State, finish 7-5 and get to play an extra game? Really? Maybe our priorities are different...

Well since the argument was best/worst DAY, beating Nebraska definitely beats what we've gotten the past week.

I'm down because I don't think our roster is going to be nearly as talented in August '11 as it was in August '08.

Agree with this. Current NFL starters/key contributors from that team:

Angerer
Spievey
Fletcher
Greene
Bulaga
Moeaki

Plus Edds, who likely would have been a key guy for the Dolphins had he not gotten hurt. And the list will grow after this year with AC, Ballard, Donahue, possibly Sash joining.

Last edited:
Last year Michigan St. lost a lot of close games, had to kick one of their best running backs off the team due to legal issues, and had 10 of its players involved in an on campus brawl. This year they managed to go 10-1 despite all that and the fact that their coach had a heart attack. This was partially due to an easy schedule, but partially because they won a lot of close games. Now people are saying they are the best program in Michigan right now.

Every year is a new chance.

Not really alot of competition for that title

Latest posts